Chapter 12

Inara has been surviving over IV fluid for a week now. She lost weight and looks older than recent due to loss of appetite, nausea and vomiting. She spent all day in her room with an IV fluid attached to her vein. Dizziness and fatigue have taken over her feeble structure that she couldn't walk to the bathroom without help. Fortunately, Asad was by her side, staying all day with her in her room. He works from home just so he can take good care of her. He arranges all what she needs, from the doctor who came up to check on her, to the necessary item she needs.
He stayed from afar, sitting on the coee table, working his ass out only standing when needed or time to pray. She will have to stare at his perfect structure without blinking till her eyes hurt and he would say a word to her. Sometimes she will have to strike a conversation between them but he will nonchalantly dismiss it. She can see he was still angry at her and God knows how guilty she was. The silent treatment he was given hurt her the most than ignoring her presence. He will just help her when needed, like going to the bathroom, helping her eat, removing the IV which he learned from the nurse, and others. Still his face held no expression.

When she first approached him, asking him why he bothered to stay with her she got a silence as an answer. The second time she did, she got the most painful and loving answer at the same time. He said it on her face, "I'm doing it for my child, you are not supposed to be trusted". From that day, she chose to remain silent, enjoying the care he showed because of her child.
Feeling a little better today, she chose to go down stairs to take a look at her confine. She left the room, her flip-flops clicking on the marble floor. She chooses to walk a little bit actively to feel strong, she hates sitting idle and looking like a sick dog. She needs to be strong and active, and so for that, she freshens up, gets dressed in her exquisite tailored sewn Ankara gown that has a little embroidery at the edge. It suits her perfectly, accentuating her looks. Not quite good at tying scarves, she just draped it carelessly on her head. The gown was among one of her bridal gifts Asad gave to her that she has never looked at before. Earlier , she found all her boxes that were stored protectively in the closet, full of clothings and accessories that were untouched. She never touched it and so when she was leaving, she left it behind. She never deserved it. Those are things from his dear heart, she wasn't that selfless to take with her or use it.

But now, seeing things between them that look promising, a promising future she tried to ruin. She decided to take it wholeheartedly and rectify her mistake. Albeit he said, he was doing all what he was doing for his child, so she will. Her child deserves a proper, loving environment. Her child deserves all the love and happiness the whole has, and she has to give it to him/her. A loving and caring father which with no ounce of doubt s/he has, she has to be that too.

Walking down, she overheard a mushing and a charter from the direction of the study. She pointed in the direction, the slight open door confirmed that she heard those voices from so she traipsed there. From the aperture that left the door to be completely jammed, she could see Asad sitting at the high table, and others three sitting on chair round the table, all dressed in suit except Asad who was dress in white button up shirt with two button left unbuttoned, showcasing his tan, masculine frame. And tuxedo pants. They seemed to be in an important meeting so she left , not daring to disturb them.

From there she left for the kitchen, were met Madeline watching a movie from a flat screen tv attached to the wall. She seems So engrossed that she didn't welcome her presence. She looks back at tv, a Nigerian movie was playing that reminds her how Madeline loves watching Nollywood films. Sometimes, she will stay up late watching Inara to start joining her when she has to wait for Asad when he was working late, good old days.

"What is watching that gets all your attention," she decided to chase away those memories before she got lost in it. That gets the attention of Madeleine, she jacks on her chair, standing straight. "Sorry ma'am, I didn't know when you came in" she scratched the back of her neck.