Chapter 23

Inara jogged downstairs shouting her name, "Mami, are you in the kitchen" she was forced to to be quiet when her gaze fell on her guest. She has to set a nervous smile on her lips as finally descends the stairs.

When her gaze lingered on the visitor, she was sure she knew her somewhere but she couldn't remember their encounter.

"I'm here, Inara. It seems like you have a guest over here," flashed her a smile that she was sure there's something behind it.

"Me? Guest," he gestured to herself, she knew no one would visit her with her knowledge and didn't make any appointments with anyone.
With her Crocs stomping on the ground, she approached them and immediately her eyes wide in excitement, "Aunt seasoning" she calls out.
"Yes it's me," Hajiya Khadija chuckles at her excitement. The girl was so childish and bubbly that she loved her. What's she? 20, right?

"You haven't told me you're coming, I mean I didn't even give you my address" she rounded up the sofa and took a seat between them. "Mami this is aunt seasoning I told you about, remember?"

Hajiya Khadija, a woman of wisdom and grace in her late 40s, found herself in a bustling supermarket, on a quest to locate a specific seasoning. However, her eyes, plagued by the passage of time, made this seemingly simple task a daunting challenge. Undeterred, she mustered her determination and reached out to a young lady nearby, hoping for a glimmer of assistance.
In a beautiful twist of fate, this young lady, which happens to be Inara, with her kind heart and generous spirit, sensed Hajiya Khadija's plight and embraced the opportunity to be of help. "Sure, ma'am" she smiled at her.
"Old ages are taking a huge toll on me. I love shopping, especially groceries. Do you love cooking? '' Hajiya Khadija inquired, her eyes glimmering with anticipation.

Inara smiled, already feeling attached to the woman who looked younger than her age. She perceived her mother 's warmth from her from afar, just like her Mami. They must be of the same age. "Can I trust you," she whispered, as if someone was nearby to hear what she would utter.

Eagerly, Hajiya Khadija giggles then nodded at her. She knows people of her age nowadays and knows nothing concerning the kitchen. Spoil kids just like hers, she mused. "I Know how to cook but I hate cooking. If that sounds good though," Inara chuckles at herself. Growing up in a family that loves and loves how to cook earnestly she's bound to learn even if she doesn't want to. Her Mami made sure she grabbed everything in the kitchen before letting her be. Apart from her and Aahil, everyone cooks delicious food at her house.

"Oh, this sounds absurd. My daughter hates cooking also" With a shared purpose, they embarked on a journey through the aisles, their footsteps echoing in harmony. Inara's eyes sparkled with empathy as she listened to Hajiya Khadija's stories and wisdom, forging a connection that transcended generations. "She must be lovely, what's her name? '' she said, referring to her daughter.

"Halimatu Sadiya, she's just sixteen. This girl would rather spend all her day in her room doing writings that never came to an end than to come and help me in the kitchen and her brother, that boy spoiled her rotten" Hajiya Khadija scrunched up her face making Inara giggles.

Together, they scoured the shelves, their hands delicately touching each jar and packet, reading labels with care. The young lady's eyes, sharp and perceptive, guided them through the labyrinth of products, while Hajiya Khadija's wisdom and experience provided guidance like a compass in the storm. Each aisle became a chapter in their shared adventure, filled with laughter, anecdotes, and the joy of discovery.

Finally, after what felt like an eternity, their perseverance paid o. The sought-after seasoning revealed itself, nestled amongst its companions, waiting to be chosen. Hajiya Khadija's face lit up with a radiant smile, her eyes shining with gratitude. She expressed her heartfelt thanks to the young lady, who humbly accepted the praise, knowing that she had made a dierence in someone's day.