Chapter 31

Present day

The next day, Inara submitted her resignation letter to the bureau with light-hearted. She decided this is the best thing to do, she can't continue to work when her heart despises it. She believes their work is good, it's a way of helping people but first, she needs to help herself and her family. She built up her home, she can't continue to live behind the dark and cause harm to her family.
As usual, she woke up to find herself alone on the bed, Asad was long gone. She decided to freshen up in his room which is twice as exquisite as hers. It was fully well equipped with high-end equipment and sparkling incredibly impeccable. She let herself flourish with his auent skin care products, smelling just like him. She found some of her necessities well kept in the closet, looking untouched. So she set on the slate blue Egyptian abaya that caught her eyes. Spritzed herself with his perfumes before going back to her room to doll herself. When everything was done, she left to have breakfast which she was grateful of Asad, he made her breakfast before leaving.
"Madeleine," she beckoned, sitting on the chair. She was so hungry that she felt like she could swallow everything at once. She serves herself an appropriate amount knowing she can really eat much. She can as well enjoy her meal before her stomach acts up since she woke up feeling energized this morning.
"Yes ma'am," Madeleine stood respectfully, "good morning" she greeted, happy seeing the expression of misuse, it had been long since she saw her cheerful.
"Help me with a pen and a paper" she urged, kaling abuse of her sandwich. Madeleine hurriedly got that for her. "You know how to write right?," She

urged her to take a seat. Madeleine nodded anxiously, "I know ma'am, I went to school" this is not the first time she bragged about her qualifications in culinary skill, she bagged a certificate of diploma in culinary skills and so she applied for a cook. She once said she dreamed of opening her restaurant one-day which Inara was happy to hear that she loves passionate people.
"Then, write as I dictate" she sipped on her tea which she liked the least. She was a coee person and now she hates to perceive even the brew if it. As she eats her breakfast and dictates, Madeleine writes attentively, her writing so beautiful that Inara admires her.
They both finished at the same time, Inara thanked Madeleine before heading out. Her bag in her hand, the other one adjusting her veil which was slippering over her head.
The driver waiting outside drove her out of the house, Asad arranged a chaueur to take her everywhere she needed, seeing her in pain under the trac take a huge toil in him, he was never at ease to let her drive again. The chaueur drove her to the point of her destination, She hopped out, heading in a curtly stride.
Chief Hadi looked at her and then back to the later present, he sat back on his chair still his gaze on her. "Did you really mean this? '' he shoved the envelope her way.
Inara leaned back, Crossing her leg over her knee. "I never joke," she said. "I have decided my mind, so I'm here"
"Because of him right, why can't you people distinguish between your work and your feeling" he grunts. He was frustrated over this matter over and over again.
"This is me distinguishing, chief." She said curtly.
"And what about the work, you know this agency nearly depends on you" he tried to reason but all in vain, she already made up her mind.

"Why am I alone? There are many competent agents in this agency, they can get the work done perfectly" she shrugged, "agent Carolina for example" she chuckles.
"Oh cut the crap, Inara this is not a matter of joke, what even changes your mind about that guy. Did he brainwash you or charm you" he said furiously. Inara smirked, she wasn't surprised by his outburst. She already knows his motives for her long ago, she just chooses to overlook it.
"I'm done here, i will be on my way" stood up, flashing him a smile that didn't reach her eyes. She walked to the door, turning on the knot she exited with full confidence.
When she's about to walk out of the building, her name was called and she had to turn to see who was calling. "Agent AND" she flashes him a smile. She was glad she met him, he walked to her giving her a side hug, soothing her bag to calm her.
She hugged him dearly, there was something about his embrace, it felt so protective and secure to be there, promising her that she would be safe there. "Let's grab lunch" he prodded.
"It's on you," she beguiled.
"I'll be honored, SSP Inara" he teased, earning him a spat on his chest. "Mrs Inara, now" they walked out together.
"Oh yes, my bad. How can I forget about it" he giggles, hand in hand he walked her to his car, sending the chaueur that was awaiting her promising to bring her back home safely.
"So, you re-signed" he questioned, observing her exuberant nature.

"Uhmm," she gulped down her sunrise mojito, "I just did or were you suering from amnesia," she lifted her brow.
"You seem like the happiest being in the world. So, tell me what makes you this happy, did you get a diamond stud" he Jeered, making the atmosphere humorous. Soon the waiter came forward with their meal.
"Something better" she began to eat, not waiting for him, she was already famished.
"Are sure about this, I know it's hard on you. You love what you do so why the sudden change, Asad right?" He asked cautiously, chewing on his words.
Inara looks up from her plate, "believe me when I said it has nothing to do with Asad. I had already made up my mind before he came into the picture, I needed to pick myself up. I need peace of mind" she said. She truly wanted to resign before Asad said to her face, and that made it easy for her.
"I hate to admit, this is the best and at the same time bad decision. Anyway, what are you gonna do," he began eating his share too.
Shrugged, "I don't know, for now." She replied, " I will just sit pretty good at home and enjoy myself" she eused. She looked excited and that made him glad. He was happy she finally found her home, he prayed she remained this happy forever. "And take care of my niece" he left his eyebrow.
It took a long long time before it sank into her who he was referring to, "of course but, point of correction nephew. I want a Mama's boy" her lip stretched in a wide smile, dreaming of how she wanted a boy and to be all around him. She wanted to be his everything that he wouldn't need anyone after her.
"Well, we will see. By the way, you look pretty good while being pregnant" he complimented.

"I'm always being pretty, any way I will take that as a complement then." she wink at him. She was always confident in herself, making Aadil's to roll his eyes.
"When a compliment is said, a word of appreciation will come back", they went back to their meal, catching up here and there like the buddy they are, lost in their world.
"Aadil, I want your help" she suddenly started, pushing her plate backwards. An action she does whenever she is full or no longer interested and it's the latter. The food was good but there was that aroma she didn't like from it so she went back to her mojito which she liked the most.