Chapter 8

Inara was in her room all day, engrossed in her painting. As she focused on her painting, her brush gliding across the canvas with a gentle touch, she found solace in the act of creating. Painting was not only a hobby but a form of self-expression that allowed her to channel her emotions and thoughts into vibrant colors and strokes.
Lost in her artistic world, she was startled when her sister-in-law, a caring and thoughtful young lady, entered the room. Halima Sadiya walked in dress in her red and ankara fitted gown that made Inara to cringed at that. Isn't that heavy and uncomfortable for her. She was never a fan of Ankara or bespoke clothing. She was good in her pair of pants and jeans, shirt, blouse, gowns and all and she never ever felt snappy and exclusive other than them. She has an eye for fashion, she was always a currant.

"Wow, this is so beautiful" Sadiya gushes over the canvas that Inara was almost done. She picked up to looked at it closely, her eyes filled with a glint if admiration. "You're really gifted Ya Inara, all your painting has something in it," Sadiya's eyes squinted, trying to find the exact way to describe the canvas. It really astound her. "like an inspiration. It look so captivating"

"Thank you Halima," Inara oered her a smile. "I love painting, it is one of my aptitudes" she put back the brush on the platelets.

"I wish I had this aptitude too, I'm just not good at fine art." Sadiya sat down on The bed in disappointment. She loves painting but she was good at poetry. She was a motivational speaker, she wrote poems and also an author. She published her first two poetry books which was a huge achievement to her. She got recognized by many publishing companies that want to work with. She was just 17 years old high school girl , wanting to pursue her degree in English, music, and literature. Her malevolent voice causes huge waves around the nation, she works with politicians as a campaigner, public speaker and many more. "Well, I wish I have a great knowledge in literature Too." Halima chuckles.

"Mama asked me to check on you, you've been in your room since morning. You didn't even have a proper breakfast" Halima looked at her worriedly. She has been sick lately, her morning sickness getting worse everyday. She kept throwing up whatever she ate and that made her lose her appetite. She didn't want to eat or even perceive the smell of it. It churned her tummy and made her throw up all what's in her stomach. Mama was all worried like a mother hen around her, she checked up on her every now and then, cooking whatever she craved for. She was really a support system to her.
It didn't take long when she walked out of her room and now she asked Halima to check on her. "I'm fine, Halima. You don't have to worry about me" she said, stretching her arms and leaning over the headboard.

"You haven't had your breakfast and it's almost noon." Halima prodded.

"I'm not hungry and I have no appetite at all. '' she gripped and yawned. Her stomach growled in protest, she sighed knowing fully well that she was hungry but couldn't eat at least a morsel without her feeling Nauseated. She consulted her doctor about it, she said it was fine to feel nauseated and all while pregnant but she helped out with it so he prescribed medication which she hardly doubts it helps.

"You're growling, you have to eat. You don't have to eat a lot, just a little." She gazes at her worries written in her eyes. "You didn't even look good, should we go to the hospital or I call ya Asad..."

"I said I'm good, you don't have to call him" Inara cut her o harshly, her mood swings in just a matter of seconds just by hearing Asad named.
She yawned tiredly again, "I'm sorry I didn't mean to be harsh. I just, I'm just okay don't worry yourself about me" she oered her an apologetic look.

"No, it's okay. I'm sorry too. But at least eat something, hmm" Halima smiled at her. "I will sneak some junk to you, is that okay for you? '' she stood up. Inara's eyes lit up. She was craving for junk food lately but she couldn't have any. She felt like a captive inside the four walls of the big mansion. All her moves were restricted by her Psycho husband- her words. She can't do anything with him being aware of it.
lavish mansion that not only showcases extravagant furniture, stunning architecture, and luxurious cars but also boasts state-of-the-art cyber security measures. From the moment you enter the compound to the carefully selected paint colors, every aspect of this mansion speaks of unparalleled wealth and a commitment to protecting its inhabitants from digital threats Beyond the grandeur of the interior lies a fortified compound that ensures the utmost security and privacy. High walls, surveillance cameras at ever narrow, and advanced access control systems protect the perimeter, creating a sense of exclusivity and safety. The mansion's cyber security measures are equally impressive, with cutting-edge technology safeguarding against digital threats. Intrusion detection systems, firewalls, and encrypted networks ensure that sensitive information remains secure. The owners of this mansion understand the importance of protecting their wealth and privacy in the digital age.

She was restricted from going out and no one can meet her without a deeper investigation. What pained her the most is since he brought her into the house, she never set her eyes on him. All she did was to register all the set of rules he had set for her in her brain. She can't even order anything from outside or even eat what she wants, they believe it's not good for her health or the baby. Her sweet mother in law didn't encourage her to do so, she looked out at her from any possible way.

Halima quickly walked out of the room and came back with a salver full of mouthwatering delicacies.
Inara's eyes lit up with delight as she noticed the salver filled with a tempting array of delicacies. She immediately recognized the gesture as a thoughtful and considerate way to nourish her during her pregnancy.

Setting her painting aside, Inara welcomed her sister-in-law with a warm smile. Grateful for the support and kindness oered, Inara appreciated the eort her sister-in-law had put into selecting the perfect combination of flavors and textures.
Gently, Inara guided her sister-in-law to a comfortable seat, expressing her gratitude for the thoughtful gesture.
Inara savored each bite, feeling a sense of warmth and love emanating from Halima. The delicacies on the salver brought not only nourishment but also a sense of comfort and care, reminding Inara that she was not alone on this journey.

As they enjoyed the brunch, Inara's sister-in-law expressed her joy and excitement for the new addition to the family. Inara felt a surge of guilt again but shunned it away. She didn't deserve all this love from them, she betrayed them but they still stand for her. She felt a surge of gratitude for her sister-in-law's presence and support during this special time in her life. The simple act of bringing brunch to Inara's room had created a space for them to connect, reinforcing the love and bond they shared.

As they sat together, they engaged in meaningful conversation, sharing stories and experiences that deepened their bond.
Inara couldn't help but feel overwhelmed with gratitude for her sister-in-law's kindness and thoughtfulness. This small gesture of bringing brunch to her room had not only nourished her body but also lifted her spirits, reminding her of the love and support she had throughout her pregnancy journey.

"Can't I trust you" suddenly Inara questioned Halima out of a blue, her eyes held something that made Halima look at her closely.

She stared at her, putting back the slice of pizza back to the plate. "Is there anywhere one can get out of this lavish mansion without being noticed?" she exaggerated sarcastically, gesturing at the house.

Halima was quiet, she timidly squirmed. Unknowingly nodded. That brightened up Inara.

Vote, comment and share

With love,  Haniyyerh~x