𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫: 𝟕

♬·¯·♪·¯·♫¸¸¸¸♫·¯·♪¸♩·¯·♬¸¸¸¸♫·¯·♪¸♩·¯·♬

"WHITE TIGER. 20 MILLION WON. DEAL, OR NO DEAL?"
Y/N didn't know how, but she was one of the sharks on Shark Tank. Besides the fact that she wasn't actually investing—she didn't even have the money to do so—but hey! That's not the point here. She's getting the money. There's a huge difference.

Choi Jong-In stared at the girl in front of her with his jaw quite literally on the floor. How could she resist his charm? His fame? His sugar-daddy money?

Baek Yoon-Ho was all the more happy-but he kept his emotions contained. His face showed the slightest bit of pride as she chose him.

It was similar to that one guy in Pokemon. Something like 'White Tiger, I choose you!' shit. Oh, how he wanted to laugh in Jong-In's face right about now. But that would've been unprofessional. Resist. You must resist, Yoon-Ho.

"You have a deal, miss L/N." He nodded his head, and poor old glasses guy was left grumbling angrily—all while smiling. Yeah, that's not going to work. Smiling is only good enough for job interviews-and some other stuff. Jong-In was a bad actor. Tsk, tsk.

The young hunter could sense a little spark in between the two men. Not a good kind.

She thought otherwise.

Enemies to lovers?

"Great!" Y/N happily exclaimed, leaning back against the chair. She paused, "So... when am I getting the money?" She looked and sounded like an eager puppy by now. A money obsessed puppy. That's not a thing but we'll make it a thing. Y/N is here for a reason.

Honest was the first thing that came to mind to the S-Ranks. "Very soon. I'll send the cheque by today at most. If you can—I'd like you to wait by the reception. That should make things easier for both of us."

Y/N internally cheered.

I'm gonna be rich! I'm gonna be fucking loaded! Hell yeah!

"Sounds good to me!" Y/N's voice was a little too high-pitched and cheery when she spoke again. She was definitely going to ponder on this tonight and continue to drown herself in regrets. Maybe also put on some sad music in the background.

"Right. Then, could I also request you to come by the Hunter's Association headquarters tomorrow morning? I would like to assess your abilities in more detail, if you don't mind. Oh, and don't worry—I'll send someone to pick you up."

Be fucking for real. The princess treatment is always appreciated!

"Thank you," she said, offering a half-bow as she stood up. "I'll take my leave, then. Reception it is." But in reality—she just wanted to check out the free buffet and probably hoard takeaway for dinner.

The Korean Hunter's Association was incredibly giving. And it was huge. And all fancy-schmancy too. She felt rich rich. Fame was calling her. She could already hear the imaginary fans screaming out her name—"Y/N! Y/N! Y/N!"

Delusion at its finest.

♬·¯·♪·¯·♫¸¸¸¸♫·¯·♪¸♩·¯·♬¸¸¸¸♫·¯·♪¸♩·¯·♬

Y/N was now stuffing her mouth with food in a place she'd never thought she'd have the luck to be. The Korean Hunter Association. The real thing. In all it's glory. She could hear destruction ringing from every corner. The bills are definitely heavy. But it's not that big of a deal when you have the money for it.

After meeting with two S-Rank guild master's in one of the spare meeting rooms—nothing fazed her. She felt as if she was on top of the world. She could conquer anything that came at her—even the chairman! Come what may!