𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫: 𝟖

♬·¯·♪·¯·♫¸¸¸¸♫·¯·♪¸♩·¯·♬¸¸¸¸♫·¯·♪¸♩·¯·♬

THE YOUNG HUNTER WASN'T EXACTLY SURE
on how she ended up in a training room, somehow training with Baek Yoon-Ho himself—mind you, a personal training. Not the other kind, but actual training. Jail to you nasty minded readers! Poor guy would probably be in jail if he even tried—even if it was Y/N who was attempting on him!

Now, what shocked her the most wasn't the fact that she was actually having to deal with 'showing off' her abilities. Poor thing had to show the damned knife for heaven's sake. It wasn't even the fact that the chairman, himself was watching her from the cameras all around the training room—

It was the fact that the suddenly quiet yet fucking menace of a system had personalized messages.

[𝖬𝖨𝖲𝖲𝖤𝖣 𝖬𝖤? :) ]

[𝖰𝖴𝖤𝖲𝖳: '𝖲𝖧𝖮𝖶-𝖮𝖥𝖥' 𝖲𝖳𝖠𝖱𝖳𝖤𝖣]

[𝖮𝖡𝖩𝖤𝖢𝖳𝖨𝖵𝖤: 𝖨𝖬𝖯𝖱𝖤𝖲𝖲 𝖳𝖧𝖤 𝖳.𝖪.𝖧.𝖠]

How.

How, and since when could this shit stain talk? 

Well, not talk but—you get my point.

It had been pretty quiet for a few days. No daily missions. No random quests. No nothing ever since the double dungeon incident. Things got busy, and apparently the system did too.

She remembered the 'smiley face' she saw eleven years ago. Just a flux. A glitch of the system. But no, apparently not. It's back—this time with a personal message.

'Me'? Who the hell is 'Me' supposed to be? 

The goddamned person behind this second life? The one that made it clear that she would always be made a laughing stock of just by the crazy ass quests, objectives, missions—whatever the hell it is she has to complete? Oh, Y/N is so not going to let this go.

Suddenly, a hand waved in front of her to maybe get her to pay attention after her little monologue. 

"Are you listening?" Yoon-Ho asked before sighing out loud. "Never mind that—you were talking about 'spawning weapons'? Show me what you can do—besides the knife, please."

"Oh, uh... Right. Of course." The girl hid away her reluctance to do so, and instead, pulled out a gun. An incredibly pink rifle. A Nicki Minaj rifle. The one from Call of Duty? Yeah, that one.

But of course, no one really knows about that here. Probably.

Baek Yoon-Ho stared at the weapon in her hands which she was undoubtedly struggling to hold up with his mouth agape. He really didn't know what to expect anymore.

"...You never fail to surprise me. And I don't mean that as a compliment."

Ouch.

"Well—"

"Scratch the part about the weapons. Show me what you can do—things that can answer 'how agile are you', or 'how strong are you', or 'how long can you endure', et cetera. If you get my point, then let's begin?"

"Yup. Right. Totally."

My right to freedom is being violated, and I can't even do anything about it!

[𝖰𝖴𝖤𝖲𝖳: '𝖲𝖧𝖮𝖶-𝖮𝖥𝖥' 𝖲𝖳𝖠𝖱𝖳𝖤𝖣]

[𝖮𝖡𝖩𝖤𝖢𝖳𝖨𝖵𝖤: 𝖨𝖬𝖯𝖱𝖤𝖲𝖲 𝖳𝖧𝖤 𝖳.𝖪.𝖧.𝖠]