eighteen.

AFFECTION
chapter 18 — the dress

"GIVE ME ONE GOOD REASON I should go to this stupid party

"GIVE ME ONE GOOD REASON I should go to this stupid party." blair said as her and irene walked around the mall.

"it's a party, and you never go to parties!" irene said. "cause there's just underage drinking, weirdos jumping off of roofs, and horrible music taste."

"but it's pre hoco, we're lucky to even be invited."

"i don't understand why you want me to go so bad. you're literally going with ryan." blair said.

"nope, nobody's allowed to be with their dates or boyfriends at pre party, that's what the after party is for." irene corrected.

"go with one of your other friends, the cheer girls, or irene i don't know if you've considered it but maybe don't go at all."

"you're really no fun, you blow blair." irene pouted, seeing if that would change her friends mind.

"i'm not going. i can't go. i have a little sister to take care of. there's nobody that i can have watch addy this last minute."

"my mom, duh! you know she would want to watch addy, and my little sister and her have been getting pretty close. i'm sure they would love a surprise play date."

blair sighed. going to the party wouldn't be so bad, and dylan would be there. but he was going to ask someone to homecoming, would it be too late?

who cares.

yolo.

"pick me up at 7." blair sighed. "yay! i love you so much." irene said, throwing her hands around blair and pulling her into a hug.

"i love you too rene..."

"okay, we need to get you a dress. you're going to blow everyone away, you need to make dylan get on his knees for you!" irene said grabbing blair's shoulders.

"it's not really that ser-"

"don't even finish that sentence."

"it's cute but

"it's cute but..what is this pattern." irene said, as blair came out with a purple dress.

"it's like triangles, it's cute!" blair said spinning

"yeah for an 8th grade dance..take it off...asap." irene said, picking her phone back up.

blair groaned, sick of trying on dresses already. she preferred online shopping, and even though irene told her it's better to see if something fits you before buying it, blair just didn't see what was so bad in returning stuff and getting another size.

"you know most girls get dressed in the opposite color as their hoco dress. makes the dress pop the next day i guess." irene said.

"so what's the opposite of blue?" blair said from the fitting room.

"i would think you knew ms. i took an art course last summer instead of going to cheer camp." irene said.

blaie stayed quiet for a minute, "orange. that's the opposite of blue."

"aw, i guess the summer payed off." irene said getting up and going to walk around the store. she went to the area where there were party dresses, finding one she knew her best friend would like.

irene spotted an orange poking out of the purples and blue's, and smiled as she took it off the rack.

she went to the bra section, grabbing one and going back to the fitting rooms.

"okay, it took me a hot second to figure out how to put it on but i think this is the one. it's perfect." blair said, checking out herself in the red dress.

"no, this is the one blair. try this on." irene said.

"irene but i really like this dress."

"i know i'm being a complete asshole right now, but just try this one on. it suits you. if you don't like it then we'll get the red one." irene said.

blake sighed, then took the dress and bra from irene. "is this a pushup bra?" blair asked as she got dressed.

"it's a square chest, i just wanna see what it would look like if the girls were out." irene said.

"i am not a slut."

"i'm not calling you a slut. but if you have it flaunt it." irene said. "i don't have it.."

"and that's what pushups are for." irene said.

blair stepped out the dressing room, the orange dress fitting her perfectly and the slit tieing it all together.

"blair kaiya kimora..you look like a fucking snack! but in all seriousness...you look stunning." irene said.

"i take back what i said about the red dress. this is the one." blair said.

"and the push-up was a good addit- wow that's a whole lotta ass!" she said loudly.

"and you can wear it with the new brown converse we just bought you." irene said.

blair ran back into the fitting room, changing back into her sweatpants and crop top. she came back out with al the dresses she had tried on and put them back except for the orange dress.

they went to checkout, and blair took out her card to pay for her stuff. "uhh, im paying." irene said.

"no no, irene you spend enough money on me." blair said.

"im dragging you to a party, the least i can do is pay for your dress." irene said, tapping her card onto the reader.

"you love to spoil me.."

"if i don't do it who will?"

nayah speaks!!
am i writing irene as myself...correct.