5 Sick

Isha's P.O.V

Today was my last exam now we have 15 days to prepare for the finals.  Coming home I eat lunch properly and enjoy it and then go to sleep.

It must have been only 20 minutes when there is a call from my bhabhi (sister in law)  that they were coming over to visit us. Quickly getting up I and mumma start cleaning the house and make it shine.

I put up my hair in a neat ponytail while mumma puts up chai (tea)  on stove ,
Indians and their obsession with tea. You could give us only tea for the rest of our life and we will be happy and content .

Tea holds a special place in Indian culture, often regarded more than just a beverage but as a social and cultural phenomenon.

Anyways they have reached , coming out in the hall I meet everone and take their blessings and bring water for all of them like a good host. My niece is also here

"Bua mujhe apke colours chahiye "
(Aunt I want your colours)

Thank God I hid my crafts box away it's not like I have a problem in sharing but she always takes whatever colour is available with herself and then I have to buy new ones

"mere pass toh colours nahi hai bachha "
(I don't have colours baby)

"nahi aapke pass hai mujhe pata hai"
(I know you have them)

And then she pulls me towards my room thank God I hid them in a place where she can never think of. After checking both of my almirahs and my washroom yes washroom she puffs up and goes back downstairs. There she sees a decorative vase with fake flowers in it which was a DIY by me and starts to play with it and then comes the iconic line

"Mai isko ghar le jaungi "
(I will take this home)

"nahi bachha Aap Kya karoge iska"
(no baby what will you do with it)

I was panicking internally cause it took a long time for me to make it .

"nahi Mai leke jaungi Matlab leke jaungi "
(I will take it home no Matter what)

"please babu Maine mehnat Se banaya hai isse"
(please baby it took a lot of hard work to make it)

"nahi Mai isko ghar leke hi jaungi"
(no I will take it home)

And then she proceeds to throw it on the floor,  I can only watch as it shatters into pieces along with my heart. It hurts when you spend such a long time in making something and somebody breaks it.

My mumma comes to rescue but not mine she came for my niece and started scolding me that she is a child I should listen to her and anyways it's just a stupid decorative piece.

With these words the pieces of my heart turn to dust.  It hurts when you are not appreciated ,when your hardworki goes in vain. It feels that whatever you do it will never be enough, we will never be appreciated, even if we die trying it will always be us on the receiving end getting scolded.

Masking my hurt I start to pick up the broken pieces determined to never make anything from now on. Throwing it away I came back and mumma calls me in the kitchen .

"ye le samosa Bhabhi liye hai tere liye"
(here take this samosa your sister in law has brought it for you)

"thank you bhabhi"

I finish the samosa along with my chai and then go upstairs to study but I feel pressure building up in my stomach I go to get fresh , coming out I once again indulge in my studies but after 30 mins I again feel the pressure in stomach, getting fresh I think nothing of it (a big mistake)

It's midnight now around 3-4 when my sleep gets disturbed suddenly due to a burning sensation in my tummy along with a sharp pain. I clutch it tightly with my hands and move to washroom to get fresh but even after that the stomach ache is there.

Coming back I lay down clutching my stomach and try to sleep but suddenly feel a bile rising up. I quickly run towards the washroom and empty my stomach but it still hurts like a bitch.

I whimper as I lay in bed but the pain becomes unbearable, it's spine chilling,  tears form in my eyes but I make sure I don't let them fall.  Having no choice I wake up mumma

"what happened? "

"I am having a really bad stomach ache and I threw up just now "

"then who tells you to eat like you haven't from days!"

"but how would I know that I will get sick after eating "

"shut up "

Then she hands me a stomach ache medicine and goes back to sleep telling me to sleep too *sigh* what else I can expect
Gulping down the medicine I lay clutching my stomach tightly with both hands and then run towards washroom.

After countless visits to the washroom I finally fall asleep due to exhaustion around 5:30 am. God why did I eat that samosa 😭

Hope you liked reading this
Please vote and comment