38

Seungmin arrived as everyone sat grim in the living room. Byeol shook her head, a stressed sigh leaving the mages mouth.

  "It's been three days.. they still haven't woken up?"

  "I've been by Airis side non-stop. I am worried-"

  "They will be okay." Byeol stopped Jinae, assuring that they all stayed positive.

Miyus phone began to ring on the coffee table, all eyes staring down at the device.

"It's Kimiko. Their friends are starting to worry."

-

"You actually showed up?" Akari stood with her brows raised, holding her mask in her hand.

Jinae scoffed, looking around the dark park. "You are one shady person, you know that, Akari?"

"You are one to talk." She spat.

"How did you know about my mother? I'm curious."

"I'll tell you if you tell me what's going on with Airi and Miyu. Are they even still alive? Did you get Byeol to help you?"

The vampire rolled her eyes, shoving her hands in her pockets. She could feel someone lurking behind her, someone with such ill intent. She looked down, feigning sadness. "I don't know where they went. They completely disappeared over night. I wanted your help to find them. I'm desperate."

Akaris face dropped for the moment, yet her distrust fought stronger. "Stay back! I don't believe you!"

"Now!" The girl screamed as a hooded figure emerged from the woods. Without much time to act, she knew it was impossible to fight.

-

  The beaten man sat against the wall, his eyes completely missing from his face. The girl fell backwards, making a run for it with tears spilling;

  "Momma!" She screamed, running up to the frantic women. "P-pappa i-is-"

  She picked the newborn up from her crib, opening the bedroom window. "I know baby. We need to go. Come on."

  The three ran for what felt like hours to the six year old. She bent over to catch her breath as a male jumped from around a corner, scaring them.

  Her eyes were blocked as she was also sweeped up by her mother. She ran and ran, stopping right by a dumpster.

  "Momma?"

She carefully placed the newborn into her arms, lifting them into the dumpster.

"Listen to me, Miyu. Do not get out. Do not make a single sound. Keep Airi as quiet as possible. A woman will come for you, do not come out unless you see the star pendant, okay?"

"Momma-"

  "Please Miyu, just l-listen to me. I love you my babies. Momma will always be here for you, do you understand?"

"I love you, Momma."

  The women's tears fell as she closed the door. She ran the opposite direction she came, barely turning a corner before being blasted into a restaurant window.

  "M-miyu.. Airi.. my love.. I'm so sorry.." she gasped, holding onto her necklace. She could already feel her consciousness fade as a male walked up to her, holding a knife.

  She gasped, watching the blood splatter as he yanked the metal back. "B-bastard.. y-you'll g-get y-your p-pay-payback."

  He chuckled, spinning the knife on his finger. Raising the blade to her eye, he tilted his head to the side. "You sure, sweetie?"

-

Miyu gasped, pulling at the neckline of her shirt. Shooting right into a panic attack, she wanted to check on Airi. However, with wobbly legs, it was the moment her foot touched the ground that she fell.

"S-seung-min." Her hoarse voice stuttered. She held her neck as her throat burned, tears escaping her irritated eyes.

Footsteps ran up to her as her arms were pulled up, helping her back onto the bed. "Hey.. I'm here."

Her eyes met his, the shared gaze being held until her breath matched his. He caught her by surprise with a hug, his hand protectively behind her head. "I'm so glad you are awake.. but your eyes.. are still purple."

  "Seungmin.. I think.. I think I have been dreaming of my birth parents."

  He frowned, reaching forward to hold her hand. Her cheeks grew red as her eyes stared down at their hands. "Are you okay?"

  "N-no. I c-cant keep up.."

  "I know... But I have to tell you what's happened since you've been asleep. It's been two weeks."

  "T-two weeks? I-is Airi awake?"

  He shook his head, now also looking at their hands. "Jinae.. is nowhere to be found right now. Byeol has been out stalking Akari ever since.."

  She took a deep breath, trying to keep herself under control.

  "We will handle everything. We will get her back."

  She nodded. "I know. Can you.. walk me to see Airi?"

-