Family

“Where’s your happy face?” Vox had asked, his voice somewhat soft despite how treacherous their surroundings were.

They were in the middle of a turf war, something Vox had joined in on plenty of times. The other demon had little interest in the petty affairs of other sinners. He simply showed up to check on Vox, as he had potential. At least that’s what the demon had gathered from Al’s teachings. 

The radio demon’s smile was there, but his eyes were somewhere else, distant, as his distance had grown more common these days, “It’s exactly right where you left it, my electrifying friend.”

Vox looked at his companion, his old box set head having trouble moving swiftly. It was one of the many downgrades of the tech of the time, but he was getting it smaller every year, learning new ways to upgrade himself. Alastor had seemed resistant to the changes, and he even brought up wearing the old set from time to time. The demon simply refused the idea, so Al did not press. 

“I'm not trying to fluster you… but it is a nice bonus.” Al chuckled, fingers tapping on the casing of his latest model.

Now Vox was in his lab, trying on his newest headset. His face was black and white, though he found ways to change things, his eyes actually appearing red, just like he dreamed. Alastor, as always, was unimpressed. He preferred the old model. He always wanted things to remain the same. Vox couldn’t have that. 

Then came the days where Vox thought the other overlord had died. He celebrated the first night. He got fucked, drank his fill, and fucked some more. By the second day, and during the worst handover, he discovered how little interest he actually had in the complete annihilation of his enemy. Day three was torture, the Vee searching for any proof that perhaps Alastor had indeed survived. Day four was full of drinking again, Val and Velvette had a Hell of a time keeping him from the hotel once the demon’s face had been spotted once again.

Finally, as the memories became more recent; Vox was sitting in his bed, looking down at the other demon’s form as he clasped the ring to his flesh. It bled heavily as the angelic steel seared the skin, the smell like charring meat. He had finally had the demon where he wanted him, but he wasn’t satisfied. He would never be satisfied until Alastor wanted everything that had happened. He wanted to hear him sing his name. He wanted to hurt him. He would ruin him. Defile their friendship. Desecrate the grave it had been buried in for several years.

The overlord blinked a few times as his screen powered on, the bed now only occupied by himself. Alastor had long gone, as it had been a while since their little fuck session. He sat up, disconnecting wires that filled his energy packs. Then he stood, stretching; he crossed the room, immediately switching on his computer. The message on screen made him groan, claws digging into his desk as he read it over. The ring had been destroyed. Disconnected just after a few days. He scrambled to pull any data that he could, making sure that he could salvage some of the information before it had corrupted. 

“Fuck…” He muttered as he looked over the levels, blood readings bringing interest to his eyes.

He double checked. Triple checked. Then he spun around on his heel, clasping his hands together, a smile filling his screen. He made sure to save the information into his hard drive, his claws raking into the desk again, but with excitement this time. He had done it. He found a wait to trap Al entirely in his snare. 

Val entered the room, his swaying as he hummed to himself, already day drinking despite how early it was in the morning, “Good morning Vox, what’s got your wires in a twist?”

“I’ve got glorious news, Val. I have that fucking twink where I want him.  Finally after all this time. “ He laughed, now practically prancing towards the door, “The deal was one thing, but that ring gave me some very interesting evidence.”