On the Dot

The next few days were entertaining to put it lightly. Lucifer had asked a few questions about Alastor's other deal, but Al only gave him the information he felt comfortable divulging. Adam did not dare show his face around the hotel, which no one really cared or minded his absence. Charlie had been proud of Al, as he had managed not to kill the fallen angel, although she likely wouldn’t have blamed him as revelations of his activities reached her. As Alastor’s stomach swelled with potential life, others around him began to treat him wildly different. Husk began to treat the demon more delicately, either because he feared what Lucifer would do if anything happened, or because he truly worried about his master. Angel had already begun small shopping sprees, bringing home little outfits for the baby, although he worried that it might have a tail or other extra appendage, so he got more interchangeable garments from various Imp storefronts. 

Lucifer had quickly fallen into a habit of spoiling his lover, feeding him more than needed in the day, bathing him, cuddling him. He would hardly let Al do anything for himself, not even letting him reach higher shelves for books or anything else he may have needed. Alastor was not a huge fan of the restrictive environment, but he didn’t dare tell Lucifer how he had felt, as last time he tried the devil burst into tears. To keep the peace, Alastor would play helpless.

“What if we call them Bambi?” Alastor’s ears perked, then laid against his scalp with distaste, not at all into the suggestion, but the king was turned away, as he was working on picking them out a movie to watch.

“I never liked that book. Terrible from start to finish.” Alastor muttered, ears flicking in annoyance, “The showing of the cartoon had only made it that much worse.”

“So…” Lucifer turned to his lover, looking somewhat concerned, “That’s a no. Why do you hate Bambi? That one is a classic. Sure it really fucked up Charlie the first time we watched the beginning… oh… is it your mom? Is that why?”

“Sadly.” Alastor turned his face away to hide the embarrassment, hating sharing such intimate details about himself.

“Do… Do you wanna talk about it? I was just gonna pop in twilight again since we uh… didn’t really watch it the first time. But I think this’ll be more…important than vampires messing with mortals for a bit, h’m?” Lucifer had crossed the room, sitting before his lover as he looked at him with caring eyes.

Al sighed, running a hand through his hair in order to comfort himself, “It is rather… depressing. But, I suppose we do need to talk about ourselves now, don’t we?”

“Yes! Of course! I’m sure we have a bunch of things in common!” Lucifer nearly sang, holding both of Alastor’s hands within his own, thumb gently petting one of his claws as he spoke.

Alastor took a long deep breath before he began to explain a few things about his childhood. He remembered sitting in front of the radio as a child while his mother was working, as he never really was able to settle himself enough to read at that age. It comforted him and he used it as a way to practice his speech in private, leaving out how the radio had also helped him keep from sobbing after his father had returned from long work trips. He still didn't speak to another soul until he turned twelve, when his father actually showed up for a few days and started to beat both of them again. The man took away the radio, forcing Alastor to read books he basically threw at him. No boy of his would be without an education, and even with his mute son, he would have to learn to grow up and be successful. One faithful day he was out in the forest with the man, who was teaching him how to shoot like a “real man.” that part always left a sour taste in his mouth, as it replayed in his mind over and over again.

Al had turned the gun on him and ended everything, changing the course of his life forever. Once the man was dead Alastor would return daily to watch decomposition, tearing chunks of flesh off and tasting them with morbid curiosity.