Chapter One

~~~~~~~~~~~~

It had started out as any other day, helping his parents do work around the house, and helping take care of his younger siblings. He might have been only ten, and doing all this work, but it made him feel... proud. Like he's done something right in his life.

He looked up to see a curly, red headed woman, staring down at him. She gave him a nasty look.

"Y-yes mother?" he managed to stutter.

"Your sisters are bored," her voice was full of venom as she spoke. "Go play with them."

He nodded and went to his sister's room, he smiled softly as one of them ran up to him, hugging his legs tightly.

"Bubba!" she shouted. "I was wondering if you'd come!"

"Well, why wouldn't I?" he chuckled, patting the girl's head. "If you guys need me, I'll always be here for ya"

They all smiled, Ceilo picked up a small toy he had made the two and started playing with them.

After a little while, the other two had fallen asleep, he tucked them into bed and left the room. His mother was standing right at the door, staring down at him, she didn't look happy at all.

"What are you doing, Ceilo." She snapped.

Ceilo looked at her, he was slightly scared. "I was leaving their room," he paused before continuing. "They're both asleep, I promise, mother!"

"I told you not to call me mother, Ceilo."

"Sorry, April..."

"Don't apologize, go to your room, you brainless creature." April hissed.

Ceilo looked at her for a moment before rushing off to his room. He hated the fact that his own mother mistreated him. Though, this wasn't the worst out of all of it.

He reached his room, closing the door behind him, then flopping onto his bed. Ceilo grabbed a book from his bedside table, he had always been a bookworm. Especially the books his father, Silver, gave to him.

Ceilo looked down at the book, smiling softly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A tall man opened the door to Ceilo's room, sitting on the edge of his bed.

"Wake up son." the man said, smiling.

Ceilo jolted awake, taking the book that was laying on his face off, he looked at the man before smiling widely.

"Pops! You're home!" He put the book down, wrapping his arms around the man and hugging the other tightly.

"Indeed I am," Silver chuckled, hugging Ceilo back. "You sure missed me, little buddy."

He nodded quickly, pulling away. "Where were you?"

"I was at work." Silver replied.

"Work?" Ceilo repeated. "I thought you didn't work though."

Silver's smile faded a bit. "I do, I just don't tell anyone about it." Silver's smile grew back to how it was before rubbing Ceilo's head, which messed up his hair.

"Dad!" Ceilo giggled. "Stop!"

Silver pulled Ceilo back into a hug, a tight one. He hugged him back of course, but the moment soon ruined my April stepping in.

"What in the seven nations is going on?"

Silver pulled away from Ceilo, setting the boy down on the bed. Ceilo only grasped his blankets, pulling them over his head, he still had a small opening so he could see.

April got close to Silver. "I thought I told you to stay away from him."

"You're not the one in control of me, April." Silver hissed, glaring at his wife. "Ceilo deserves to have a good childhood, or a parent that actually cares for him. Unlike. You."

April looked offended, she did a dramatic gasp and put her hand to her chest. "You dare say that to your wife?" She started to play the role of victim.

Silver scoffed. "I do dare to say that to you. You have done nothing but hurt Ceilo".

"I never mistreated him as a little baby until he gathered your features of... whatever you are." She removed the hand she had on her chest, flicking her fingers at Silver.

"Demon." Silver's gaze never left hers. "I'm a demon and you should know that. I even told you when we first met. That's why he has horns and a tail."

"How come you don't show your 'demon' features?" April's voice was full of venom. "Are you too... scared?"

"I am not scared." The man continued, looking down at Ceilo, who was still hidden in his sheets. "Ceilo is a wonderful boy, you need to see that in him. He isn't the freak you think he is."

"Then he's just a monster."