Chapter 7: Midterms! Mclieface Uesugi!

Kazato wakes up, completely taken aback by the sight of Miku lying on his bed, his mind racing with thoughts.

Kazato: How did Miku end up here? Last I remember, she was sleeping in Ichika's room. This is not good. If anyone finds out, I'm in big trouble. I need to act quickly.

Carefully, Kazato tries to extricate himself from the bed, being extra cautious not to wake Miku. After some effort, he manages to slip away silently.

Meanwhile

Ichika, Nino and Itsuki were downstairs eating breakfast.

Itsuki: I'd never thought that I get to see you up this early Ichika.

Ichika: Yeah, but I'm still the last one to get out of bed. I don't know when Miku left the bed, either.

Nino: Yotsuba went looking for Miku and hasn't come back, too. 

Itsuki: What about them? Itsuki said now talking about both Fuutarou and Kazato. 

Ichika: Dunno. Maybe they're both still asleep. 

Nino: So, they actually stayed over. Well, that'll be over with soon enough. 

Ichika: You know Nino you should come study with us. It's actually pretty fun. 

Nino: No thanks. Don't even let them try to manipulate you, Itsuki.

Ichika: Just to try to be honest with yourself. 

Itsuki: Well Uesugi is just someone who's hard for me to get along with.

Ichika: And what about Kazato-kun?

Itsuki: Uh well... 

Itsuki hesitated as she tries to remember how well she got along with Kazato this brought a small smile to her face followed by a small blush. Nino saw this as Itsuki immediately changed the subject back to Fuutarou.

Itsuki: I butted heads with Uesugi-kun the other day, too. I find myself getting hung up on the most trivial things. I can't be like you or Miku, Ichika.

Ichika then suddenly got an idea.

Ichika: You can, Itsuki.

Itsuki: Say what?!

Ichika then starts messing with Itsuki's hair.

Ichika: Put your hair to the side like this, and... There! We made a Miku!

Itsuki: I'm being serious here

Nino: Ichika! You parted her hair the wrong way. Also, Itsuki, make a sleepier face.

The two were finish with Itsuki's hair.

Ichika: Hey, Miku isn't here right now, so let's see if we can fool them.