Yikes

Chaewon

"Then she goes on saying how she will help me find a tutor in the class. I don't want no 'student' teaching me math...That's what Joy's for anyways..." Minji babbled away to her best friend and coworker, Chaewon, as she shoved a handful of mini ceramic gnomes onto the sales rack. "Do I really need a math tutor..."

Chaewon passed her another gnome, "I mean...by the way your grades are in the class...I would say so."

"How did you pass your math class in college and I cant?" Minji grunted.

"I'm not as dumb as people say, Min. I have quite a good memory. So when the students gave me the answers the night before, I just memorized it and got an A the next day! Doesn't mean I'm good at math though..."

"So, you suck at math, but you got by it from cheating?"

"Correct." Chaewon wiggled her eyebrows. "Did you tell Wonyoung yet?"

"I told her last night. She just laughed at me over the phone and said, "How embarrassing, a college student needing a math tutor." she horribly mimicked Wonyoung's voice.

"You know whats more embarrassing? Her working at that fashion place thingy, and bringing home those bogus outfits in her already cluttered apartment."

"If I have to hear her begging me to be her fashion guinea pig again, I'm gonna lose it."

Both giggling, they pushed their cart of emptied boxes to the massive arts and crafts store's backroom. Work always went smoothly with a friend at the cubs side. As of late, Minji felt more at home restocking paint sets than in her and Jake's apartment.

"Going out again this weekend?" Minji asked as she unlatched the metal door to the compactor.

"You bet. Jay has some homoerotic, clandestine trip with his bro-ish childhood buddies and I refuse to sit around like an old spinster."

Chaewon and her fiance Jongsung (who went by Jay) of four months had an interesting dynamic. Somehow, the stars aligned for the two party animals to fall in love, move in together, and surprise their friends and family with an engagement. Unlike lovey turtledove couples, they spent their free days hitting up town separately. Chaewon to her usual bars and clubs; Jay in kind to his own. They planned to flap their social butterfly wings at full force until marriage's ball and chain clamped onto eternity.

Minji found it strange, often questioning the relationship in the first place. Chaewon answered plainly, asserting that trust kept them bonded. After meeting through Jake, they'd dated for two years without major roadblocks. She'd grown accustomed to going home to someone every night.

"You don't question what he does on his trips?" Minji asked. Jake would never be down for a similar arrangement. Too loosey-goosey. "Jay's a flirt."

Chaewon smirked. "And I'm not?"

"He doesn't mind?"

"My god, you need to exercise your freedom." Chaewon idly ripped a discarded label while Minji unloaded the cart. "Why should we dictate each other's lives? We're not clergymen."

"It was only a question."

"One too many questions. Where's Jake to deeply occupy your mouth?"

Hardly thinking, Minji shuddered. "No, thanks."

"Trouble ensues in Penetrationville, huh?"

Minji knew their conversation would steer that way eventually. She bought herself time, pulling a lever for the boxes in the compactor to be crushed. "Nothing about it appeals to me, Unnie. We should be all over each other and I'm faking orgasms."