Lunch

Wonyoung

Friday sucked. Work all day. An old lady couldn't make up her mind on her hair. The intern bought the wrong brand of silk fabric six times. Such a sucky day took Wonyoung's mind off the approaching excitement.

Wonyoung never thought she'd be eager about a Saturday, of all weekends. Yet, there she was, in her favorite blue skinny jeans and black Converses, walking down the hall to room 5L. Once she spoke with Hanni at their work Friday, who asked her to babysit the two flirtatious girls in the apartment while she went to a out of schedule tutoring session today with her fellow bestie Minji, she knew interesting events would follow.

It didn't take long to hear a familiar voice yell, "It's open" after knocking loudly. She checked the time on her phone. 11:30am. Normally, Haerin sleeps in until 2. She walked inside and shrank back at the view from the kitchen bar.

There sat Haerin, but not just any Haerin. A perfectly girlied-up Haerin. Her face, which normally had a bit of foundation and lipgloss, had been fully done with traces of pink blush on her cheeks. Very professionally done. Her lips were pinker than usual. Lipstick? Is that LIPSTICK she's wearing?

Wonyoung slowly approached her--now glaring--friend like the Crocodile Hunter stalking some wild beast. "Haerin-ah...your hair." It was blown out with curls, trimmed bangs side-swept over her forehead. So shiny that it almost hurt her eyes.

"Yeahhh. We went to a salon yesterday."

"You?! A salon?!" Wonyoung exclaimed, comically clasping both hands over her mouth.

Haerin lifted a huge mug and downed the rest of her coffee. "Shut up. Yes. A salon."

If you haven't guessed already, Hanni and Wonyoung are workmates at the fashion boutique they both work at. Sometimes, Haerin liked to visit Hanni at work, so the three of them became close friends with each other because of that. Although they weren't Wonyoung's usual friend group, she still hung out with them whenever available.

That's also how Minji and Hanni knew each other. 1, from them being classmates, but mainly because of the bear being best friends with Hanni's workmate.

Wonyoung's eyes traveled downward. "You do know that you're wearing a dress, right?"

Her friend sat on the stool, very unladylike, in a mint-colored sundress. Noticing the girl gawking at her, Haerin stubbornly crossed her legs. "Shut up."

"Your eyes are done!!" Wonyoung accused, pointing at her face. Haerin attempted to spin around in the stool, but Wonyoung caught her and scrutinized her eyelids. "You're not only wearing mascara. Your eyelashes are curled. Someone managed to curl your eyelashes?"

Up close, she could see the real Haerin pouting. "Do I look ridiculous?"

Wonyoung smiled softly. "Negative. It's just..."

"What?"

"One weekend with Hanni's new friend and you're already made up like a princess."

That earned a punch in the arm. "Shut up!"

Wonyoung snorted in amusement. "That's not how a lady should act."

Haerin swiped again, but Wonyoung darted out of the way.

She adjusted the white fitted crop-top she was wearing and crossed her arms defiantly to openly appraise her once more. "You know, I'm almost attracted to you right now."

Haerin pursed her lips and straightened her posture. "Am I reminding you of Hanni?"

"No. Shut up."

"My, how the tables have turned," Haerin mused, pulling at a loose wispy bang.