The Arrival

Hanni

Glancing up at the classroom clock every thirty seconds was sure doing something to Hanni's brain.

Danielle Marsh's "Flying to Korea to see you in a week" announcement couldn't have come up fast enough.

From practically fainting due to Danielle's sudden news being thrown at her...Hanni woke up in Haerin's arms seeing a worried expression on the cat's face.

After getting back on Skype with Danielle, and eventually explaining everything to Haerin when they hung up, the two girls made arrangements for the online friend to stay at their apartment for the time being.

Resulting in the whole place being thoroughly cleaned and inspected a week in advanced.

This would be Hanni's first time meeting Danielle, so she of course wanted to leave a good impression and have everything as perfect as can be. Finally being able to see her crush for the first time, is one of the main reasons Hanni fainted when she heard the news.

"Don't you think...this is too fast?" Hanni asked a week ago on the Skype call.

"I gave you a weeks notice. Of course it's not too fast." Danielle finished with a giggle.

Thankfully enough, her plane was scheduled to land a few hours after Hanni got out of her Thursday class.

So, there she sat in her math course...constantly checking the time until the bell rang to get the hell out of there.

"Hey, do you have a pencil I could borrow?"

Hanni's staring contest with the clock got cut short, when she felt a tap on her shoulder and a voice on the right side of her.

"Pardon?" Hanni blinked repeatedly, snapping out of her thinking.

"Do you have a pencil I could borrow...or is this a bad time..." The girl trailed off, with a slight teasing tone in her voice.

It took Hanni a few seconds to process what the girl was asking--but finally got herself together, "Y-yeah, let me get it..."

Hanni turned on her left side and started shuffling through her bag, getting a pink colored mechanical pencil and a regular yellow #2 pencil for her to choose from. "Pick whichever."

The girl looked at the two objects, "I'm not gonna die for choosing wrongly aren't I?"

Hanni rolled her eyes and let out a soft smile at her classmate. "Just choose..."

The girl pressed her lips together. She then snatched the mechanical pencil out of The Vietnamese's soft hand. "Thanks, Pham."

"You're welcome, Minji-ah." Hanni said, then faced her attention back on the clock.

5 more minutes to go...

...wait...5 minutes?

Hanni then looked back at Minji with a confused expression. "Why did you ask for a pencil the last five minutes of class?"

Minji put down the said pencil and turned back at Hanni, "I'm staying after. Sun-saeng-nim said shes gonna help me out with this..." she motioned her hand over the paper.

It's no surprise Kim Minji is staying after class yet again to get some help from their instructor, Joy. It's actually very well known around the school how bad Minji is at math. But Hanni has to admit, she admires her confidence and dedication seeking help from their teacher to try and get a more better understanding in the subject.

"She looks very pretty today." Hanni said looking at Joy—who was working on papers wearing a loose button up shirt, with her hair over her left shoulder.