Divine [M]

Hanni

A few months later, Moving Day for Chaewon, Haerin, Wonyoung, and Minji finally arrived.

Hanni Pham directed the movers to Minji's furniture (designated by mini Post-its), gravely relieved to call this her last sojourn into Jake territory. The drama-watching date with Minji planted some amazing memories, but the sweet feelings stopped there and only there. Besides, the fold out couch where they first made love had just been hoisted out. Nothing left to reminisce about here.

"Min, you stealin' any of these pots and pans?" Chaewon called from the kitchenette. The metal clangs of her careless hunting rattled the room. "For my doctorly advice, I'll be having Wonyoung charge you in home-cooked meals. Or baked goods. She's flexible."

"Cooking? Never heard of it." Minji handed off a taped-up box to a mover, thanking him graciously.

Hanni appraised Minji's hair pinned up in a bowed headband (compliments of WHI's overstock) and shorts flush with legs for days. Instead of any playful groping, she took inventory of the emptying corner. Her girlfriend hadn't owned much, in the scheme of her straight years. Possessions don't equal happiness, surely, yet it came off...sort of sad. No wonder Minji argued against things she obviously wanted.

Chaewon, who'd resorted to snooping, aired out a blazer draped on the bathroom doorknob. "Is this Jake's or Jay's?" A strange, primal instinct brought the cotton article to her nose. "Smells like Jay."

"Jake is Jay's apprentice, so who knows?"

"Are we sure you're not the only gay couple in this story?"

They broke into giggles. Hanni answered, "It'd make them more sympathetic, amidst the hypocrisy."

"Amidst the hypocrisy," Chaewon parroted. "Hanni, give the 'Word-A-Day' apps a breather, will ya?"

After a few more laughs from them, Hanni looked up from her task, "Are you coming over to my apartment in a few days to help Haerin move out the rest of her stuff?"

"Ah yes, I'll totally be there for the grand move. Kitty-Kang invited everyone else to help out too." Chaewon said with a satisfied tone.

"All's in the truck," the eldest of the moving guys barked from the door, slapping the jam twice. "On to the last location?"

That last location being Wonyoung and Minji's cute three-bedroom apartment. Hanni's chosen broker, a colleague from uni, performed miracles to accommodate the space they (and Azzo) needed to dwell comfortably. After all, it'd be a waste—living the way they both had for so long—to sardine themselves into a cramped studio, destined to end up at each other's throats.

"Here's a token of appreciation to you and your crew," Chaewon offered three beers from Jake's fridge. When Hanni and Minji raised a brow at her, she emphasized, "I'm not afraid of Jake. Jesus."

The man bowed thanks, juggling the cold drinks in one arm. "We'll be off now."

"Is there room for me? In case you need some extra directions?"

"Oh, err..." He bashfully stroked his dark facial hair. "Sure, c'mon."

"Meet you girls there," Chaewon announced, switching to a conspiring whisper. "Mr. Mover's a snack, am I right? Maybe I can get you a discount."

Minji batted her friend away, grimacing. "I hadn't noticed."

"You're gay, not tasteless!"

"He has a nice jawline," Hanni appeased. She motioned to her own upper lip. "Plus, his goatee isn't unkempt and patchy. Cute."