Confrontation

Danielle

"Dammit, I'm so hungry." Haerin unlocked the door to Wonyoung's. "I wish we stayed home. There's food in mine and Hanni's fridge."

"But we need to get back the rest of my clothes here first~~~" Danielle whined, following her girlfriend into the apartment.

"How about we transfer all my stuff to this place again and stay here? Wonyoung wouldn't care. Hanni-Unnie seems to like being alone now."

"That feels so...intrusive. Wonyoung has her own life, too."

"Yeah, yeah. The best option would be...you know..." Haerin trailed off, idly opening a cabinet.

Living together. This isn't the first time she's alluded to it. As commitment-phobic Haerin's been in the past, she's managed to live with some of her past girlfriends. Is this common in Korea? Or common among lesbians?

"And how would you pay for a new place?"

"I don't know. I'd find a way."

"If you say so, babe." Danielle unconsciously squeezed at her cell phone. Never thought that I'd be awaiting a call from one of Haerin's many exes.

Upon learning her name, Danielle went on a Google-spree researching the woman. To her disappointment, she was just as gorgeous as she feared. And successful. She began to wonder if working under such a person would be a good idea. Wouldn't want the green-eyed monster inside to rear its ugly head.

But that morning, she received a lengthy, meandering email detailing the importance of "balanced energy and camaraderie" from a Yunjin Huh. After a long read accompanied by constant eye rolls, Danielle got the gist of the email: She'd be needed soon--prior to the night shift. At what time? No clue. Apparently, Yunjin will contact me when she "feels right" about it. How frustrating.

I'm on standby for my first job.

Haerin yanked at the refrigerator door and groaned in her soft voice. "Nothin'. Just wine and water. Should we be concerned about Wonyoung's eating habits?"

"What's in that bag?"

Haerin spun around to view a brown paper bag sitting on the stool. "Sweet, french fries!" she cheered, peeping inside.

"Are those for us?"

The taller girl already stuffed five into her mouth. She took out four more and held it to Danielle's lips. "Who else could they be for?"

She grasped them in her teeth and marveled at the deep fried flavor. "Mmmm. She'd never buy a whole bag for herself. Unless..."

"Hm?"

Danielle bolted across the studio apartment to hold her ear at the bathroom door. "Wonyoung? Are you in there!?"

She heard stumbling movement with whispering, preceding a very cold "Yes."

I knew it. A wink summoned Haerin to join in on the fun.

"Is she with the girl that threw Hanni out of the car?" Haerin mouthed, a little angry if I say so...

Danielle shrugged, holding back a giggle. Who else could it be? Definitely not Hanni... "Unnniiieee--Are you entertaining company in the lavatory?"

"Get your stuff and leave." The bunny's voice muffled through the door.

"Oh, are we interrupting?"

"I hate you guys. Leave."

"I will once I get my stuff from the bathroom."

The annoyed voice switched to English. "Go buy a new outfit, rich bitch."