Chapter 8

I run into work late. I see that I am already clocked in. Now that's not normal. I go to Starbucks and get Nick's coffee before heading up. Once on the floor I need, I stop by Jared's cubby.

"Hey, did you clock me in?" I ask curiously.

"No, maybe your boss man did." He teases. I roll my eyes and go to Nicks office. I knock as I enter. He types away on the computer. I set his coffee by him and turn to walk out.

"You're late." He states making me pause.

"Uh, yeah, sorry. " I say. I hear him move.

"Face me." He orders. I bite my lip and slowly turn and face him. "As my assistant... I expect you here an hour earlier than normal." I clench my jaw. He can't be serious! "And... there is a slight change for your dress code."

"I'm not wearing a maids outfit." I say. He raises his eyebrows. I gasp and cover my mouth. I had the maid outfit talk with Jared. Not nick. I stutter a response.

"Hmm, I'll keep that as a thought." He says. My jaw almost drops. "What I mean is, I need you to dress more formally."

"Formal... like dress?" I ask. He nods.

"Or a shirt and blouse." He adds.

"And formal pants-." I start.

"No." He says. I look at look at his serious face with confusion on mine. " You don't need pants to look formal, Gabriella." My spine tingles as he smirks. "Your pants days are over in the office."

"B-but some pants are..." I trail off staring at his glare. The same glare he gave me Friday night when I slid off of the table. My knees grow weak.

"Are you going to disobey me, Gabriella?" He asks sternly, standing from his seat. I start walking backward.

"No sir. I won't." I say. I bump into someone. I look and see Hailey. She rolls her eyes at me then looks at Nick.

"Sir, the meeting is about to begin." She says.

"Make sure everyone is there. I need to finish giving her tasks." Nick says. Oh dear.

"Okay." She says dryly. She turns and goes out. I see her figure disappear around the corner. I look back at Nick to realize he is right in front of me. I back up but meet the wall. He walks to me, swinging the door shut. His body stops an inch from mine. My body explodes with heat as I breathe in his cologne.

"I want you to sit at my desk and wait for me to get back. You are not leave this office. Am I understood?" He asks.

"Can I just-." I start.

"Am I understood?" He asks pressing his body against mine. I swallow hard.

"Yes." I say.

"Now go sit." He says. He moves back. I start to walk. His hand comes down on my ass making me gasp and moan. I turn to him surprised, holding my butt. He smirks. "Go on." I turn and rush to his desk and sit. He opens the door but pauses. My heart races. "Oh and while I am gone... take care of your pants problem."

"What? I don't have-." I start.

"That's your problem, Miss. Parker. I want them gone when I come back." He states. With that, he leaves. How am I not supposed to not have pants on if I can't leave and don't have a skirt or dress with me? My face tingles thinking about his possible reasons. Maybe reasons that include me being bent over his desk. I tap my fingers against the desk. Maybe I can think of a loophole around his request. It would be teasing him though, which may require a punishment. Wait! The emergency dress! I text Jared smiling.