Chapter 9

I rake through my dresses looking for an appropriate one for work tomorrow.

"I can't believe I'm doing this!" Jared cries from behind me.

"It's okay, just do it nicely." I remind. "And don't take any of her bull shit." He sighs dramatically. I turn and look at him. He sits on my bed, staring at his phone. I go over and sit by him.

"She is so hot, Gabs." He says. I roll my eyes,

"There are hot girls here with great personalities." I say. His eyes meet mine. "Plus... when you're done... we can some left over lasagna." He nods smiling. I pat his leg, then get up and go back to my closet. After a minute I hear him talking to his soon to be ex. I pull out a black dress. It is too skimpy for work. I put it back and skim through the other possibilities. I pull out a navy blue one that is simple but cute. I smile and turn to Jared and motion him to turn away from me. He faces the other way still talking. I undress and slide it on. It is nice and tight but not skin tight. It reaches my mid-thigh too so it is appropriate with tights. I glance up to see Jared glancing. He quickly looks away. I make my way to the bathroom, making sure I hit the back of his head on my way out. I check myself out from every angle in the mirror. I just didn't want Jared making fun of me like last time. I go back into the room as he hangs up.

"I did it!" He says shocked. I roll my eyes.

"Course you did." I laugh. He scans me. "Are you okay?"

"More than I should be." He states. He still observes my dress.

"Formal enough no?" I smile big.

"You look formal, sexy, and all of the above." He says. "I'm still confused why you can't wear pants.

"I have to look nice and formal, like the bosses assistant that I am." I say. He gets up, rolling his eyes.

"I'm going to go and warm up the lasagna." He states, then leaves. I change back into my previous clothes. My phone lights up. Anthony. I don't answer.

Then Jared texts me. [Come down and eat :P I know you like it hot ;)].

I roll my eyes.

The next day Jared drives me to work. Yes, I came an hour earlier.

"Want anything from McDonalds?" He asks.

"No, I'm good thanks." I say. I get out. He drives away. He is off today. We fought about him giving me a ride this morning. My cars in the shop so I was going to call a taxi. He forbade it. I don't forgive him. I go inside and punch in. I text Jared thanking him for the ride. I go up to Nicks office. He flips through the paper. I sit in a seat by his desk making my phone is on it face up.

"Someone drove you?" He asks not looking up. I guess he was by the window.

"Yeah... car trouble." I say. He looks up scanning my torso, then my face.

"I see you followed my instructions." He says. I nod. His eyes hold mine. "You've done good." MY legs tingle as he gets up. I watch him go to the door and close it. My heart races. I get up. He slowly approaches me. What do I say? He stops in front of me. "I don't have any tasks for you yet," I swallow. "But," I chew on my lip. He reaches forward and touches my face. "I appreciate it that you followed my rules." His thumb drags across my bottom lip softly making me tremble. His eyes dance with a wild sensation. My lips part a little. He moves his finger away from my mouth and replaced it with his mouth. My eyes flutter shut as our lips move in sync. He grabs ahold of my sides roughly, leaning against me. I feel his desk against my ass. His tongue guides itself into my mouth and tangles with mine. His fingers clench into my sides, making my back arch slightly. He picks me up and sits me on his desk. He stands between my legs, our lips never parting. I hold onto his face as his hands graze my thighs. I moan lightly as I feel his finger brush against my thong. He slightly grips them. I brush my fingers through his hair. He pulls my thong down and off. My body bursts with heat. I feel his manhood growing. He grabs a handful of hair and pulls on it. Our lips break apart letting a moan escape. He kisses my neck, then bites it. My skin prickles with goosebumps. My phone goes off making us freeze. Damn me. He pulls away and glances at it, his eyebrows raising. "Anthony?" I go to talk but stop. Not him again! "May I?" What the hell do I say? I nod clueless. Crap! He picks up my phone and reads the text. I mentally curse at myself over and over again for nodding. "He drove you?"

"No, it was Jared." I spit out as his work phone rings. What the hell did Anthony say?

"Answer it. If it regards a meeting, say it is still happening today. Otherwise, say no." He instructs. I hesitate and go on the other side of the desk. I pick up the phone.

"Nicholas Hanson's office." I say hoping I don't sound to flustered.

"Hi, my name is Cynthia Rachmail. I was wondering if the meeting was being held today or tomorrow." The lady speaks.

"The meeting is today." I answer her.

"Okay, thank you." She says.

" You're welcome." I say, then hang up. Nick sets my phone down and turns to me.

"Who was that?" He asks.

"Cynthia... Rachmail?" I say. He nods. I glance at his one hand that still holds my thong.

"I'll hold onto it for you." He states shoving them into his pocket. He walks over to his filing cabinet and pulls out a small stack of papers. He gives them to me. "Sort these out. But first, go to the printing room and get my prints." He says. I nod and leave his office. I set the stack on my desk and text Jared.

[If you come have lunch with me, I'll forgive you.]

I make my way downstairs.

I finish sorting through the papers Nick gave me a while ago. I sigh and lean back. Finally done! I get up and bring the separate piles into his office. He is at the meeting. I glance around for my underwear. Where the hell did he put them? Is he still walking around with them in his pocket? I grumble and go back to my desk. It is basically my lunch time. Jared never wrote back. I'll just walk down to subway. I get up with my phone and wallet and go to the elevator. I start writing a long text to Jared. The doors open and I go in. I press lobby. I pause realizing there is someone else. I look over.

"Hey, I was just about to call you. " Anthony says smiling. My face falls. Anthony fucking Cruz! "You never answered me about lunch? " I look at my phone and realize I accidently texted Anthony about lunch, And I've been ignoring all the texts that came in after!

"T-there was a mix up!" I almost scream. I haven't faced him since the day he cheated.

"It's okay!" He answers clearly fucking oblivious to my disgust. "We can talk about everything over lunch."