Chapter 10

"Lunch" I state. He nods stepping closer.

"I'm so glad you finally replied! I couldn't stop thinking about you." he says. "Baby, I'm so sorry. I'll do anything to make up for it."

"Anthony stop, I-"I stop unsure what to say. The elevator door opens. We aren't in the lobby. I look seeing Hailey and Nick walk in. Hailey raises her eyebrows shocked. Nick nods at us, then presses four. Anthony being here is a big no no. I mean, our competition in the building. What was this idiot thinking?

"Anthony, hi!" Hailey says emphasizing his name.

"Miss. Stephens." Anthony says dryly. I see Nick glares at me. I slightly shake my head. This could be me getting back at him, but this I wouldn't enjoy and Nick would leave my ass red. His eyes linger to somewhere else on me. He slightly smirks making me frown. The doors open to the lobby. Anthony and I get out. Oh great. "So, where did you want to eat. There is this 5 star restraint by me." I shrug speechless still. Am I really doing this? We go out, him leading me to his car. I glance over at Nicks office window. He stands at it watching us. I get in as Anthony starts talking. "How long is your lunch break?"

"Uh, an hour." I answer as I get a text. I look down.

[save my number]

Above I see that I called it earlier, around the same time I was with Nick.

I text back. [Nick I am so sorry about Anthony! It was a mix up]

I save Nicks number.

He replies [yeah... you didn't know he was coming?]

[No I did not. Until he showed up. I meant to text Jared.]

"You texting Jared?" Anthony asks.

"Uh, yeah." I lie. "He is asking if I need anything since he is out." He nods.

Nick responds [oh so you had no intensions of going to lunch with him?]

[Definatly not]

We arrive at the restraunt. We go in and get a table for two. As we sit across form each other. I brace for the awkwardness but Anthony frowns.

"Is... that a hickey?" He asks. A hickey?

"Where?" I ask feeling panicky. He reaches forward and lightly touches a spot near the base of my neck. I touch it, too, flinching at the pressure. "Oh shit." Where... Nick!

"Who gave you it? And when?" Anthony asks squinting a little. What do I say? His phone goes off. He answers it and excuses himself. Usually it is about business. I pull out my phone seeing a waiting text from Nick.

[I don't like you out with him, especially with that attire] I feel my face heat up.

[You're the one who preferred me to where this kind of attire!]

I sigh. Anthony comes back to the table. His eyes fix on the hickey.

"You got fired?" He questions. "I can give you a job." I frown.

"What? No! Why the hell would you think that?" I ask. "I would never work for you." He shrugs clearing his throat.

"Your boss found out about our relationship." He states. I tap my foot.

"Who called you?" I ask.

"Business." He gives. I shake my head.

"Who called you?" I repeat.

"Why does it matter?" He asks.

"Who called you Anthony?" I ask as serious as I can.

"Let's just have lunch!" He says looking around the restraunt. I shift in my seat.