Chapter 11

Nick and I sit out by the pool, him with straight jack, me with jack and coke.

"Sorry I gave you a hickey." He gives. I nod taking a big sip.

"It's whatever. It' s not big deal." I say. "Sorry I left for lunch."

"Why did you go along with it?" He asks. I let out a lame chuckle and brush my hair behind my ear.

"I think it was some how to get back at you." I say. He takes a swig. "Maybe make you want me more. " I really forgot why." I take a sip. "It was bad."

"Well it sure worked. You got a side out of me that I haven't seen in a while." He says. I look into his eyes. He quickly glances at his cup.

"What side?" I ask putting my hand on his leg.

"Look... Gabriella. I'm not looking for a... relationship." He says. "I like you but I'm just looking for someone to only have fun with." I sit back lightly frowning.

"Wh- I though-" I start. My heart races.

"I should have told you in the beginning. This isn't even okay that we are sneaking around doing this since I am your boss. You just seemed like... you didn't want anything more than a fling. I don't date." He says. I look down and bite my lip. "I'm sorry."

"Yeah... me too." I say shortly after. I won't let him see how much this is hurting me. This is what I get for messing around with my boss. I pick up my cup and take a small sip.

"I should get going." He says lowly. I nod. He stands up and walks to the door. I stare at the ground. "See you tomorrow."

"Enjoy the rest of your night." I mumble. He leaves. I go to the kitchen and clean up.

For the rest of the week, Nick and I are partially brief with each other. It sucks because in the very short time, I've grown accustom to the thought of him around. My neighbor also has informed me that Anthony has been stopping by my house. I've been staying with Jared since I have nothing better to do and he drives me to work since my car is in the shop. I go to Jared's desk near the end of the day.

"I'm thinking Midnight Adventures tonight. I need a drink bad." I say.

"I don't know Gabs." He says.

"What... why not?" I ask sadly.

"I got a date." He says wiggling his eyebrows.

"Oh god." I say shaking my head. "Please don't let it be like the Virginia girl again."

"Definatly not her. Maybe after the date, I'll meet you there." Hey says.

"Ugh, okay." I say. I go back to my desk. I straighten out my skirt. Nick returns from his meeting. I work on e-mails.

"Miss. Parker." He says.

"Mr. Hanson." I say back. He goes into his office. I finish e-mailing the select few about a meeting. It's finally time to leave work. I go find Jared.

"It's so boring without you." He says. "Maybe I should tell boss man that I'm dating Anthony. Maybe he will team us up." I cover my smile.

" It doesn't work like that." I giggle. Someone stops the elevator doors from closing. Nick of course.

"Mr. Zimmer... Miss. Parker." He says. I nod toward him.

"So how late are you going to be at Midnight Adventures?" Jared asks. "My date has to end around 9 sense she has to work." I shrug.

"So, she is a night person." I state.

"Mmhmm." He says. I look at him. He smiles. We get out of the elevator.