Chapter 5 page 23 train's and bandit's

We were about to leave the train station when Maya stopped us and pointed to Krieg as she spoke.

"Krieg, stay here with Vision." Krieg gave a grunt and nodded.

"WATCH THE RED MEAT!!"

Maya continued, "Zer0, last I heard Salvador took some missions out here, and knowing him, he's probably having a showdown with the sheriff, so why don't you go check that out and I'll look for Axton and Gaige."

Zer0 nodded and jumped off as Maya walked away. I was alone..

"FREE THE POOPTRAIN"

...This was going to be interesting... and annoying.

Some time had passed Krieg was resting on a bench, and I was walking back and forth.

I was feeling a lot better since the ride over here.

As I paced back-and-forth, I didn't notice the person at the vending machine's, and I ended up accidentally bumping into them.

"HEY! What the hell, douchebag!" The man snapped, grabbing me by the neck of my track jacket. ".....!?"

My body froze up, panic running through me my arm swung up by impulse to guard myself.

The bandit had raised his fist and was about to hit me, but hesitated as he slowly looked up.

Suddenly, he let me go. We stumbled away from each other. As I stumbled, my body fell against something.

I looked up to see Krieg; he did not look so happy. I tried to wave at him, but he quickly picked me up and moved me behind him so he could continue intimidating the guy, though he did not hang around.

As soon as Krieg turned back around, the bandit had made a mad dash for the exit. That was his first mistake. Last Unicorn 101: Never turn your back on a predator and run away; that only encourages the predator to chase you. And that's exactly what Krieg did.

Krieg ran after him, yelling, "YOU OWE ME A MEET BIKE!!" while waving his weapon in the air.

I chased after him, leaving the train station and running down the tracks. I had trouble catching up, what with dodging bullets and in general without using my powers Krieg was much faster than me, and the bandit had gotten a good head start.

I took a moment, hands on my knees, panting; there was no way I was going to catch up with him...

Suddenly, I heard a loud horn. I turned to see the train coming down the tracks.

(No, no no no)

With a sudden burst of adrenaline, a couple sporks of purple electricity jolted through my body and down my leg.

As I turned to jump off the tracks, I ended up flinging myself into a metal support beam attached to a set of stairs.

As I fell to the ground, my vision blurred, and everything started spinning.

I couldn't help but wonder where that energy was when I was trying to catch up with Krieg?

And speaking of Krieg, was he alright!? I laid there for a minute or two.

When my vision was back to normal and the sky stopped spinning, I noticed something was nudging my head, and my visor was steaming up.

I sat up and pushed whatever was nudging me out of the way. As I moved my hands up to wipe away whatever was on my visor, the thing decided to crawl onto my lap.

I wiped the slimy substance off my visor and looked down to see a Skag pup fast asleep on my lap.

I sat there for what seemed like hours with a disgustingly adorable Skag pup sleeping on my lap.