14. Combat training

The next morning I get to the school early again but sit outside and enjoy the sunshine until a shadow blocks it.  Looking up at the obstacle I spot the tired eyes and lilac hair I was looking for yesterday. "Shinso?" He doesn't share any pleasantries before asking what class I got into. "1-A. You?" To this he doesn't give a response and turns his face away sucking his teeth. He moves to walk away and I stand up grabbing the corner of his sleeve. "Don't just walk away."

Shinso turns his head back at me and the glare he gives is cold. But nothing like Beetlejuice could do so it's practically useless to intimidate me. I grin and his face shifts to confusion. "Let me go." He demands.

"Not until you hear me. Resent me or whatever, but if you're smart like I think you are you will listen. I don't know what your quirk is and I don't care. But don't let the entrance exam make you doubt yourself, it was rigged against anyone who didn't know combat or had an over the top enhancement quirk. It doesn't make you any less a hero in training." I finish and release his sleeve. "From what I saw you were pretty good at controlling the robots once you got the hang of it," I add on sheepishly. "Just don't let yourself be discouraged."

He doesn't say anything but does turn his face away and sniffle. "Shut up." He mumbles to save face while walking away.

"Ehhhhh!" I exclaim but don't chase after him. I do have a class to catch. The morning passes with dull classes like English, Math and History before lunchtime. After lunch is the long awaited hero classes.

"I am here! Coming through the door like a normal person!" All might exclaimed loudly as he walked into the room. "Welcome to the most important class at UA High. Think of it as "Hero‐ing 101." Here, you will learn the basics of being a pro. And what it means to fight in the name of good! Let's get into it. Today's lesson will
pull no punches! Fight training." He says with the flounce of an announcer.
"But one of the keys of being a hero is...looking good." Pressing a button on a remote the lockers on the side of the wall were opened revealing numbers on them. "These were designed for you based on your Quirk registration forms and the requests you sent in before
school started."

"Costumes!"

"Get yourselves suited up, and then meet me at Training Ground Beta!"

Theres A mad rush to the costume cases as everyone grabs theirs and run to the changing room to see their suits. With a little more patience then my peers I grab my case and head out behind the rest of the girls. In front of a changing room locker I begin taking off my blazer and button up leaving my upper half exposed aside from the bra. Opening the case I let a fond smile slip onto my face at the sight of the costume.

The first layer is a cuffed button up reminiscent of an old fashioned bartender shirt with a slight puff in the sleeve near the shoulder and a black arm band on each bicep that I asked if it could double as restraints. Beneath the shirt was a neat vest with pinstripes going up and down. Along the breast pocket are embroidered roses that hide the body tracker that keeps track of my vitals. I can then monitor them on a pocket watch that doubles as a gps. The pants themselves are black slacks with nothing interesting added. The shoes at the bottom of the entire case are exactly to my specifications. Steel toed with smoke bombs in the heel.

Changing into the entire uniform I give a content sigh. This is right. I leave the locker room with excitement alongside my peers.

"The rounds will be decided by lots!" All might said pulling out two boxes and began pulling names and numbers. "Sir, I wasn't chosen." I said speaking up from the back of the crowd.

"Ah, well...um." All might seemed unsure. "Would you like to join a team?"

I rub the back of my neck as I exhale. Too much trouble to pick. "Oi, who wants me on your team?"