ᴄʜᴀᴩᴛᴇʀ ɪᴠ

Ms. Park glanced at the phones that had been given in. Putting them in their slot before glancing up. "Has anyone been in contact with Hyeon-Ju? Anyone at all?"

Min-Jung froze as she listened to the question. Glancing up immediately.

Su-Hyeok immediately turning to glance at Min-Jung as he noticed her reaction. He knew in that moment they both knew that maybe she hadn't imagined anything in that hall.

"Well, we cleaned the science lab together yesterday." Joon-Yeong spoke. "I haven't really seen her since then."

"Did something happen?" Min-Jung asked.

"No. She's just not in class today and didn't return home last night. I figured one of you would know why. Why? Do you know something?"

"Not really. No. We rarely talk." Min-Jung spoke.

Ms. Park gave a small nod. "Alright then. Let's move on. As you all know, exams will be starting next week. I hope all of you can get your acts together." She spoke. "Song Min-Jung."

"Mh? Yes?"

"Where's your phone?"

"I didn't bring it to school today."

"Smart choice." Ms. Park commented as she sent a message in the class group chat. Hearing a few phones. "Bring them up here."

Dae-Su and I-Sak got up before taking their phones to the front after being caught.

Ms. Park took the phones and placed them in a slot. "I see you weren't lying Min-Jung." Checking the phones before pulling one out. "On-Jo. This is your old phone. Come up and get it."

Min-Jung smiled innocently despite having her turned off phone in her school bag. Hidden just in case.

On-Jo listened as she glanced at her before getting up and walking to the front to retrieve her phone.

▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰

"Su-Hyeok." Min-Jung spoke as she got up and walked over to him when she had the chance.

"What is it?"

"I told Ms. Park. Not everything but most. Is that the right thing to do? I don't know. I'm freaking out."

"You did the right thing. Don't worry about it."

A FEW MINUTES EARLIER ▰

After Ms. Park was done with collecting the phones she excused herself to go hand them in. Leaving the class in a study session.

Min-Jung got up from her seat before walking after her. "Ms. Park."

"Hm? What is it? I really need to hand this in."

"It's about Hyeon-Ju."

"Do you know something?"

"I'm scared Mr. Lee may have done something bad."

"What do you mean?"

"He was acting strange.. like he would hurt someone. I was scared of him doing something so I didn't say anything."

PRESENT TIME ▰

During a break from teaching, Ms. Park headed towards the science room. Hoping to have a chat with Lee Byeong-Chan about her student. Knocking on the supply door and waiting for him to come out.

Mr. Lee peaked out before seeing who it was as he stepped out of the room. Closing the door behind him.

"Hello, Mr. Lee." She bowed slightly as he did the same.