ᴄʜᴀᴩᴛᴇʀ ᴠɪɪɪ

"Min-Jung? Is everything okay?" Her mother, Kwon Mi-Cha asked.

"Mom.. there's this.. um.. there's something going on at school and.. people are eating and attacking each other..."

"Are you and Sung-Hoon safe?"

"Yeah.. we're okay. We made it to class safely a-and nothing has happened yet but we're stuck. We've already called for help but they might not show up.." Min-Jung explained as she was relieved to hear her mother.

"We've been getting similar cases. Where are you?" She asked.

Pacing back and forth she placed hand over her forehead. "Don't come here. It's not safe."

"Min-Jung." Mi-Cha spoke. "Wait, hold on a minute." Getting news of what was going on before getting back to her daughter. "Stay where you are. Me and your father will get you and your friends out of there. I will send help if I can."

"Mom. Don't come here. Take yourself and dad to safety."

"I can't do that. I can't promise anything."

"I-i know but-"

"I'm not leaving you and your brother behind."

"I- it's my fault.." Min-Jung replied.

"Honey. This isn't your fault. I want to hear your brother. Can you put him on?" Mi-Cha spoke as she had been with her husband and work partner,  Song Jae-Ik, and Ji-Ho, who had been interrogating Lee Byeong-Chan about what he had done and why after they got news about the zombies.

Min-Jung passed the phone to her brother, who had walked to her side immediately, sniffing lightly as she waited.

Sung-Hoon took the phone as he listened. "Mom.. Mini is right. Coming here is dangerous so find somewhere safe and we'll find you once someone comes rescue us." He spoke.

"I know you two want me not to worry but I'm your mother and it is my job to worry over you. I will do everything I can to get you guys to safety so just wait patiently." Mi-Cha spoke up as she wiped her eyes a bit. "I'll see you soon." She added before having to hang up.

Sung-Hoon listened before returning the phone to his twin as he watched her take it back and hold it close. Opening his mouth to ask if she was handling it well.

"Why did you tell her not to come?" Na-Yeon spoke up. "She could come help us."

"Be quiet. I'm not risking my mother's life. This place is turning into hell." Min-Jung spoke as her arm was grabbed Na-Yeon. Hiding how that made her feel after Byeong-Chan had done that.

"What the hell is wrong with you?! We need all the help we can get. Don't you want to leave this place?" Na-Yeon spoke up.

Sung-Hoon, Su-Hyeok, Cheong-San, and Gyeong-Su moving closer when they noticed Na-Yeon grabbed her arm but standing back a bit.

Su-Hyeok noticed that it had been the same arm Mr. Lee had grabbed before he was taken away.

Min-Jung grabbed her wrist before getting her hand off her. "I didn't give you permission to touch me. You don't get to tell me who gets to come here or not." She continued. "Unlike you I care about other people's well-being other than my own."

Na-Yeon listened as she scoffed. "Yeah right. We could be saved but you want to be selfish about it. What about our lives?" She asked.

"I want to avoid less deaths.." Min-Jung answered as she felt guilty about what happened to Hyeon-Ju and the person she had shot down when she was running away. 

Su-Hyeok got between them before glancing at Na-Yeon. "Leave her alone. We need to focus on our situation right now."

"No. I want to know what she meant when she said it was her fault." Na-Yeon raised her voice.

"Lower your voice." Sung-Hoon reminded.

"Drop it, Na-Yeon." Su-Hyeok spoke.

"Who else wants to know what she meant?" Na-Yeon asked.

Ji-Min glanced away as she and Hyo-Ryung nodded, they did want to have more information on their situation. Dae-Su, Joon-Yeong, and Woo-Jin glancing away as well.

"Guys.. come on. You know Min." Gyeong-Su tried to speak up for her.

"Quiet." Na-Yeon scoffed.

"Lee Byeong-Chan.." Min-Jung spoke up as she kept her distance so she wouldn't do something careless toward the girl she wasn't very fond of. "I saw something that I don't think I wasn't supposed to see." Explaining the issue that had happened.

"So you caused this?" Na-Yeon asked.

"Leave my sister alone. She didn't cause this. No one knows who did cause this but she wouldn't. She was harmed by that creep."

"He's right. You're crossing a line." Cheong-San chimed in.

Na-Yeon scoffed and turned to Nam-Ra. "You. Shouldn't you do something? You're the class president."

"What do you want me to do? Go out there?"

"If it has to be done."

Min-Jung and Sung-Hoon immediately stepping in front of Nam-Ra.

"No one is going out there. It's dangerous." Su-Hyeok walked to Min-Jung as he grabbed her hand and led her to another side of the room. "Ignore her."

"I'm fine. She just gets on my nerves and I just don't want to make a scene with her. You know how she is.." She spoke.

"Hey. You did nothing wrong. You just want to keep your family safe from this mess and I understand. I would've done the same." He spoke before hugging her gently. Staying in the corner with her while the others did their own thing. Rubbing her back gently. "It's not your fault." He quietly added.

Min-Jung listened as she glanced up at him before holding back from showing her real emotional state. "Thanks. You make me feel better." She leaned up and pecked his cheek.

Su-Hyeok felt the peck from her before smiling as he grew flustered and glanced at her. "That's a good sign." He spoke. Leaning down as he pecked her cheek back gently. Feeling like he could deal with things easily if he had her there.

Min-Jung smiled back as she quietly chuckled. "It's a very good sign." She spoke at the moment. "And I hate to admit it but I like it. You know just how to make a situation so much brighter and better." She teased.

Su-Hyeok chuckled and nodded. Leaning down as he gave her a small kiss as he gently kept his arms around her shoulders before pulling away at the moment. "Just for you." He spoke teasingly. Moving his arms away before pinching her cheeks softly.

Min-Jung pouted at his pinches against her cheeks, gazing up at him. Slowly crossing her arms when she did. "Hey. My cheeks are sensitive you jerk." She spoke. Moving his hands away from her as he laughed and moved away.

▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰

The classroom had been silent after Na-Yeon's big outburst towards the Song female and after trying to get Nam-Ra to do something before being shut down by the others for her behavior.

Min-Jung had moved back to being in her seat as she focused on doing her own thing. Quietly placing the gym bag she had on her desk as she unzipped it.

"What are you doing?" Su-Hyeok asked curiously.

"Hm? Oh, I'm just transferring the arrows to my book bag. It feels easier that way if I take my books out. We might also find some useful things along the way so we can use my bag." She explained.

"You have quite the arrows. It's a good thing we have you here." He teased.

A small chuckle leaving her before growing serious a little more again. "I saw someone get attacked outside. Almost got bit but my bow came in handy. I wanted to carry as many as I could back. We don't have a set time for how long we will be here." Holding her bow as she made sure there was nothing wrong with it. Knowing it worked and wouldn't be jammed if she needed to use it. Glad that things seemed to be getting calm for now around the classroom. The empty hall was better than having to hear the growls of the dead constantly.