ᴄʜᴀᴩᴛᴇʀ ɪɪ

The next day, Min-Jung got up like usual as she glanced at the time. Awake before her alarm began to ring and dismissed it before it could. Changing into her uniform as she glanced at the mark on her arm. The bruise forming like Su-Hyeok had said.

Shaking her head she wore her purple comfortable zip up sweater. Thinking of what to do with her hair next. Choosing a simple hairstyle. Braiding two strands of hair, one on either side of her head before connecting them in the back with a green bow that matched with her school uniform. The rest of her wavy hair was down like usual as she grabbed her bag.

Reaching the dinning room as she saw breakfast was ready before taking her seat and eating quickly. She didn't want to be late even if she still had time on her hands.

"Slow down, Min."

"Sorry Dad."

Her step-father, Song Jae-Ik, chuckled at her response.

"Where's Sung-Hoon?"

"He already ate and left. Your mother dropped him off. I can drop you off.. if you'd like to, that is."

"It's okay. I can take my bike there."

"You sure?" Jae-Ik asked.

"Mhm or I can walk there. I won't be a long walk."

"Alright then. I'll head to work first then. Be careful on the way to school. Me and your mom will be out late again."

"Mhm."

"See you later."

"Ah, wait."

"Hm?"

"I... um.."

"Everything okay?" He asked. "Hm? You know you can tell me anything right? Having any boy trouble? School issues?"

"Um.."

"So there is something wrong."

"I just had an issue with a teacher. I wasn't sure if he would call you guys to come to the school."

"What issue? Who was the teacher?" Jae-Ik asked. Turning back and walking over

"Mr. Lee Byeong-Chan.. um but... I changed my mind. I want to go with you." She spoke up.

"Sure. Hurry up and finish so we can go." In his mind he was already cursing the man. He knew the man well enough as it was. Glancing at his daughter as he wondered what his intentions had been towards her.

"Okay!" Min-Jung beamed as she ate her food once more. Taking her time until she was done and headed into the kitchen. Washing her dishes and drying her hands when she was done.

Going through the cabinets she found a box of a few granola bars. "Dad?"

"Hm?"

"Can I take these to school? I promised Gyeong-Su to bring him one last time but I forgot."

"Of course. Your mom bought three. She knew you and Sung-Hoon would want to take one."

"Thank you!!" She packed her bag before walking over as she was ready to go. Walking out with him and getting into the car when he insisted on opening and closing the door for her.

Jae-Ik got into the driver's seat as he soon headed towards the school. "How's school been so far? Any boyfriend?" He asked.

"D-dad.."

"What? I'm curious."

"School's fine and there's no boyfriend."

"Good. I'd like to meet him first if there ever was one."