ᴄʜᴀᴩᴛᴇʀ ᴠ

There was something about the way she stopped responding to them and became more agressive. Trying to bite them if they were too close. Hyeon-Ju was not Hyeon-Ju after that last statement. Thrashing about as she was now more focused on trying to bite them.

On-Jo and Min-Jung took a slight step back when she went in with an attack towards them. On-Jo getting a scratch on her arm as Min-Jun got a small scratch on her palm.

"She's getting more frantic." Min-Jung pointed out.

"Are you two okay?" Ms. Park asked.

"Mhm." On-Jo nodded before going back to holding her down.

"I've got the sedative." The nurse rushed over. "Keep her down and as still as much as you can."

▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰

I-Sak had gone back to class after Hyeon-Ju was knocked out with the sedative. Walking into the room as everyone grew quiet. Rushing to her when she sat down.

"What happened?"

"Well..."

"Was it really Mr. Lee?"

"I think so. She said he gave her a weird shot.."

"Shouldn't we call the police?" Hyo-Ryung asked panicked.

"They already did. She also had that weird smell."

"Like a rotting corpse." Na-Yeon chimed in.

I-Sak nodded immediately at her. "Yeah. Just like Mr. Lee."

"Where are the other three?" Sung-Hoon asked.

"On-Jo and Min-Jung got scratched by her and she even bit the nurse. It was a whole mess. They should be getting her in the ambulance by now."

Sung-Hoon listened as he got up before leaving the room. His sister being hurt wasn't something he liked taking lightly.

Cheong-San listened to them plotting their own reasons as to what could've happened. Taking his time to think before leaving the room after Sung-Hoon to go check on On-Jo

The sedative managed to work in knocking Hyeon-Ju down. Long enough for the paramedics to arrive and take her in the ambulance.

On-Jo was bandaged up by her father as she made him hurry off to the hospital and get her classmate the help she needed. Being sent back inside with Su-Hyeok.

Min-Jung walked with them as she played with her sleeve. Feeling a hand on her shoulder as she glanced up.

"It wasn't your fault." Su-Hyeok whispered to her.

"I wish I could believe you." Min-Jung sighed. Shaking her head a bit. "But I was right. I should've trusted my instincts and I didn't. Look what that caused."

Su-Hyeok placed his hand on her head. Remembering something. "Min-Jung, do you mind going to class first?" He asked.

"Oh. Sure." Min-Jung spoke as she nodded before walking up stairs and taking a left turn.

Su-Hyeok turned to On-Jo as the small silence that filled them and the stairs was broken by him. "What did you want to tell me after lunch? I'm kinda playing basketball with some friends and promised something to Min-Jung."

On-Jo listened to him. "Oh um.." Digging through her skirt's pocket before pulling out what she needed. "Here."

"What is it?"

"Just take it."

Su-Hyeok held out his hand as he glanced at her name tag resting on his palm. Glancing back up towards her. "This means... You want to go out.."