Chapter Ninteen "CLASH OF THE TITANS"

Raw, pure unadulterated rage replaced the initial shock that Hunter experienced. It surged through him, filling him, consuming him. Ares was unleashed in his truest most deadliest form. Hunter's canines descended, his hands and feet shifted into claws and his limbs extended. His ears grew to resemble that of a wolf and his features became more lupine, as his jaws shifted and lengthened. He resembled a half man half beast creature. His body stretched and extended, increasing in both size and mass. He grew well over seven feet. He was the werewolf HULK unleashed. His shirt ripped and shredded off him and so did his pants, as his thighs and calves thickened tremendously. He was the stuff nightmares were truly made of. Truly the ALPHA of all Alphas had been finally unleashed and he was taking no prisoners.

He threw his head back and a truly vicious howl founded in the rage that was surging through every cell in his body was ripped from the depths of his very soul. He was having none of this. That howl was all the warning Rafe received. As Rafe whirled around in a blur of motion to face Hunter, he was met with a vicious back hand that sent him flying through the bay windows and out into the night sky. Ares leapt after him. It was on.

Rafe recovered quickly and came flying back with a vengeance. He hit Ares with a force so hard, it sent him flying into a tree, ripping it out of the ground. Ares wasn't phased by this however. He lifted up the massive tree by it's trunk and swung it like a baseball bat at Rafe. Sending Rafe flying once more with the force of the blow. Rafe recovered quickly and came back. They faced each other across the lawn. The King of Wolves and the King of Vampires. Both of their growls and snarls filled the air. The air crackled around them with charged electricity. Literally lightning  flashed and surged around them as their true powers were unleashed. This battle between them was going to be epic. No holds barred. It had been a long time coming, centuries in the making. Years of animosity and distrust, anger and a deep intense rivalry was always leading to this.

They were both nothing but powder kegs waiting for a spark, a match, a light to set them off. Cameron proved to be all that and so much more.

The commotion that they caused woke everyone up. They all came running frantically, knowing that something terrible was happening. All present converged on the lawn, watching the two titans of the supernatural world face off. No one dared intervene. That would be utterly stupid and not to mention detrimental to their health. Unless of course they had a death wish.

Cameron was the last to arrive, having stopped to make sure that Liam was ok. He had left his parents to look after him, after reassuring him that everything would be ok. Cameron had raced down the stares frantically knowing deep within himself exactly what was happening. He pushed his way through the gathered throng of people and was pulled up short by the sight before him. He gasped, as he watched them circling each other. He had never seen Hunter's True Alpha form before. Cameron watched as they continued to circle each other, growling, snarling and hissing viciously. Their rage evident for all to see. He made a motion to move forward but was held back by Thorne. "No!!! You'll get hurt."

Cameron was beside himself as he watched both Rafe and Hunter going at it. He screamed "Somebody do something. Someone needs to stop them. They're going to kill each other!" They all looked at him in sympathy. There was just no stopping what was about to happen. Cameron watched helplessly, twisting and turning in Thorne's hold to try and get free. All that was going through his mind was that he had to stop them, some how. But Thorne held him fast, his hold unrelenting and unbreakable.

Time seemed to slow, it was as if everything was happening in slow motion as the two combatants continued to circle each other. Then suddenly at some invisible signal they both moved as one. They raced towards each other, leaping into the air snarling and growling, canines and fangs on full display and with claws poised to kill, they crashed together with the echoing sound of thunder in the heavens. The earth around them shook and trembled as not just their physical bodies clashed but also their powers.

They moved in a complete blur of motion, almost invisible as they fought. Sometimes in the air or on the ground. They moved with such precision, such beautiful artistry in the most deadly dance known to man. The Need to Kill.

Both Rafe and Hunter were oblivious to their cowering audience. They were not of any concern to them. All that had their focus was their opponent, each other. Both determined to hurt each other in the extreme. Each hit that landed echoed in the night. Their powers may have been surging but they weren't using them. This was a fight of one on one, man to man and fist to fist. All the years of pent up anger and frustration towards each other was finally being unleashed and expressed to the fullest. Blood spilled, bones crunched, trees uprooted and the ground cracked beneath them.

Cameron was dying inside. Tears poured down his cheeks, he felt completely helpless as he watched both of his destined mates make every effort to kill each other. He couldn't take it any more. With one last tremendous effort he broke away from Thorne's hold and raced towards his warring mates. Without thinking he threw himself between them, and getting into a crouch position and holding his hands out towards them he screamed out in a pain filled voice tinged with his own rage, "Stop it!! Just stop it!! Your hurting me!! What about Liam?"

This was all it took. Just the sound of their mate's voice stopped them in their tracks. Chests' heaving, they continued to glare at each other over Cameron's head. Cameron still sensing the rage within them remained still, forcing calm into his voice, he said in a low and quiet voice, "Both of you need to calm down. Think about what all of this could be doing to Liam. He is already very sick and weak. He doesn't need the added stress of the two of you trying to kill each other."

All watched in awe as Cameron managed to calm the two most vicious and dangerous men in the world. The air slowly calmed down and settled around them. Hunter managed with tremendous effort to pull Ares back. He shrank and shifted back to his human form. Someone hesitantly approached him with a pair of pants. Not taking his eyes off Rafe and Cameron he accepted them and pulled them on. No one spoke. All were afraid that something would set them off again. Their audience barely even breathed, they were that afraid.

No one knew just how much time had passed, they didn't really care. They all continued to just stand there caught up in the dangerous tableau that was Cameron and his two destined mates. Cameron slowly straightened up, he turned his head slowly to look at Hunter and Rafe in turn. They were both bloody, the damage they both inflicted on each other was extensive and brutal. Even though their accelerated healing was already kicking in, it would take some time to be completed and until then they would both be in tremendous pain.

"Please lets go inside." Cameron held his hands out to both of them and waited for them to each take one of his hands. They hesitated, continuing to look at each other with distrust and malice. "Guys come on." Cameron continued to wait, keeping his hands out. Slowly both Rafe and Hunter each took a hold of Camron's hands. Cameron closed his eyes in relief and squeezed their hands tightly.

Still continuing to hold onto them he turned and with slow measured steps led them back towards the mansion. He was their anchor, the calming force that they both needed, this was his role in their lives. Their audience let out a collective sigh of relief that a complete disaster had been averted.