chapter 4

[the next day..]

Sofie's pov:

Since it was Qualy day, I didn't have work to do in the paddock, rather than just standing in the garage and walking around wearing Prada.

I planned to spend the day with my dad and Mick, enjoying the qualifying and then with Mia chilling around.

I just parked my car when a black Ferrari, with a recognizable pair of stripes on the hood, arrived pretty fast, making me flinch a bit, parking beside my car.

Charles gets out of the car and smiles playfully as he closes the door behind him and takes off his sunglasses to look at me.

"You enjoy parking beside me, don't you?" he smirks and winks at me, making me roll my eyes and smile in an amused way, while I lock my car and walk in front of it.

"walking with me to the entrance, Mon Cherie?" he adds after taking a few steps ahead, then turning to me with a charming look on his face.

"We're both directed there, so why not" I say as we both start walking in the direction of the paddock entrance.

"I like your outfit" he says, looking at me up and down with a flirty smile.

I was wearing a white Prada shirt with long sleeves but backless, a pair of mom jeans and a pair of Prada heels, with the same handbag of yesterday but in white, while my hair was still wavy but down and free, with a pair of Prada sunglasses on my head preventing some hair from falling on my face.

"thanks" I say pretty proud as i smile widely.

Even if I was forced to wear Prada clothes for work, I had the opportunity to choose what to wear by myself, so I was proud whenever people liked my choice of clothes.

"I like yours too, even if it is really basic" I giggle sarcastically, referring to his choice of wearing a Ferrari jumper and a pair of baggy jeans.

"What can i say, i like to look good in basic fits" He says, getting along with my sarcasm as we both stamped our passes and entered the paddock.

"Well, good luck for Qualy" I say as we arrive at the Mercedes garage, after he insisted on walking with me till there, then he winks at me and walks away towards his garage, leaving me there, with a smile on my face and his printed in the back of my mind.

Qualifying was almost starting, I was sitting with Mia in the guests' spot, cheering for Lewis and George. Q1 went well, both Lewis and George were in the safe zone, ready to drive again for Q2.

The qualifying session went pretty well, no crashes and a pole for Charles, followed by Max and then Lewis behind him, while George would have started in 6th position.

After the qualifying ended, I was with Mick, eating at one of the sweets stands of the paddock's food court, when suddenly my dad called him in the garage, leaving me there, sitting alone at the table while finishing my crepe.

"Was it funny to watch?" Charles approaches me all smiley and sweaty, sitting in front of me without asking for permission.

He can act really annoying sometimes, but I think it's just what bold and extroverted people look like for introverts.

"Mh.. a bit boring until Lewis was on track" i say teasingly, while wiping my mouth with a piece of cloth, feeling Charles' eyes follow every movement i was making.

"Yeah, sure" he says, rolling his eyes in an amused way, before taking his hands to the back of his head, leaning it on them, showing off his biceps through his fireproof shirt, since he didn't get changed yet and was still wearing his suit for a half.

"However, congratulations for the pole" I say, trying to shift my focus from his sexy and attractive biceps, his piercing green eyes, his smirk, his dimples... What was I talking about?!

"thanks, it's always satisfying to be the first in your home country, mostly if it is on a track like Monaco, where it is really hard to overtake" he explains pretty happy and proud, making me notice how his eyes now shine as he talks about the pride of starting first in a track like Monaco and his home country.

"Yeah.. I hope you'll have a great race tomorrow" I smile honestly at him, as I get up grabbing my purse, followed by Charles who does the same.

"I hope it as well" Charles says jokingly.

"Where are you headed now?" he asks curiously, following every move I was making, with his eyes.

"I was planning to have a walk with Mick or Mia, but she's busy working and my father decided to kidnap him, so I'll probably go by myself now" I explained as we both took a few steps away from the food court.

"I'll be free in an hour and a half if you want me to walk with you, maybe i can show you a bit of the city if you've never been here" he says, smiling at me with his usual charming look.

"Yeah, it would be great, but only if you can of course, i don't want to interfere with your pre-race routine" i say, caringly but with a playful tone in my words.

"Don't worry about that. Be ready for 7, I'll pick you up" he says before winking at me and walking away.

[Author's space: as promised, a longer chapter is hereee!! hope you like it and remember to not be a silent reader. lya and thank you for reading my story, see you in the next chapter <3]

[ps. follow me on insta and tik tok for the news about the next chapters!!]

Insta:   s4marvel004

Tiktok:  s4marvel00

questions/suggestions/feedback space ↘