chapter 10

We start to dance, following the rhythm of the music, not too close to each other, but holding a risky eye contact while we move together.

Under those dancing lights, doing lots of colours mixed with the dark of the room, I can admire better how he looked tonight. He was wearing a simple black shirt with the first two buttons unbuttoned and the sleeves rolled up till the elbows, his hair was a bit messy but still styled pretty well, his skin was shining thanks to the bit of sweat on him, not too much, but enough to let him shine under those lights while he dances in a slow and attractive way at the rhythm of a song of The Neighbourhood, 'Nervous' (honestly the most appropriate choice for that moment. Thanks dj <3).

We kept dancing on the crowded dancefloor, holding eye contact for the whole song, feeling every word as ours and not caring about the people around, it was like we were the only ones in that room. Charles was really careful to not touch me inappropriately the entire time, trying to not make me feel uncomfortable, until someone bumped on me, making me almost fall on Charles, who quickly moves his hand on my lower back holding me steady.

"Asshole" he whispers, giving a death stare at the guy that bumped on me before, then looking down at me again.

"Sorry, i almost tripped on you" i say, looking up at him in an embarrassed way.

"Don't worry.. I tried to get closer long ago and you did first, in a way or another" he says in a flirty way, not taking off his hand from my lower back, and smirking at me, but still being respectful and not touching me more without my consent.

Then I slowly wrapped my arms around his neck, smiling and holding eye contact, not pulling him closer, but letting him know that he could touch me too if he wanted. And he understands, he wraps his arms around my waist, bringing me closer enough to breathe the smell of the alcohol coming out of his mouth as he was lip syncing the words of a Bad Bunny song in an energetic way, while dancing in his usual slow and sexy way as before. This closeness mixed with his look and his hands on me, quickly makes me feel butterflies in my stomach and slightly blush and smile instinctively.

"You're way more beautiful when you smile" he whispers in my ear, before leaving a soft kiss behind it and moving his head back in front of mine to watch me blush even more and almost melt under his kiss.

"I bet you say this to all the girls" I say a bit teasingly but with a shade of sincerity.

"I don't, trust me. I have other techniques to hook up girls, but i don't give them compliments like i did with you" whispers looking straight in my eyes, sounding pretty honest, but maybe he's just a good actor.

"I think I really like you.." he says, while we kept dancing and I teasingly started to slowly caress the hair on the back of his head, seeing him get flustered under the touch and slightly blushing.

Suddenly I see, from behind Charles, Mick on the dancefloor looking around. I quickly move my hands away from Charles and take a step back.

"Mick is looking for me.. I'm sorry" I say, looking at him apologetically, seeing a disappointed look on his face, before walking away and feeling his hands slowly slip away from my body.

I walk toward Mick, leaving Charles alone on the dancefloor.

It was becoming a habit to leave him alone to go to Mick..

[Author's space: first of all, did you see the race yesterday? i'm so sorry for max but honestly i've been so happy for carlos and charles and even lando, it was like the perfect podium!!!. talking about the story, here we are with a bit of a more "warm" chapter, next one will be a bit of a rollercoaster. as always, i hope you're enjoying the story and remember to add comments and little starts if you want to support me. lya and see you in the next chap. <3]

Insta: s4marvel004

Tiktok: s4marvel00

questions/suggestions/feedback space ↘