chapter 12

The next morning

I wake up pretty hungover, but still capable of packing my things to leave in about a few hours, so i start doing it. When i'm done packing, i sit in the middle of the bed and i turn on my phone, noticing that an unknown number sent me a few messages, so i open the chat curiously, reading the texts:

 When i'm done packing, i sit in the middle of the bed and i turn on my phone, noticing that an unknown number sent me a few messages, so i open the chat curiously, reading the texts:

I read the texts a few times, wondering if i have to answer or not, and if i did, what the hell do i have to answer?!

'Hey Charles, i saw you were too busy looking into a girl's throat to notice me going away' or maybe something like 'Hey charles, yeah If you weren't almost fucking a girl in the middle of the club you would have said goodbye to me'..

Why was I reacting like this..? We just flirted a bit the night before, and we danced together, and he took me to that hill, and told me that he likes me and my smile, he even said he never told anyone that and he was even jealous.. Wait, was he really jealous of Max?! God I hate this man, he makes me feel so confused.

I spent almost an half of an hour staring at his texts and overthinking about what to answer and after a bit I took courage and I sent him a text in response:

From the moment I see 'delivered' appear, I quickly turn off the phone, throwing it on the bed beside me, then getting up to dress up and getting ready to leave, trying to ignore my phone

After a couple of hours I was done, already wearing my comfy black suit with a pair of sneakers under it, my hair in a ponytail and a bit of makeup on my face. When I finished doing my hair, I heard a few knocks on the door, as I open it I see Mick standing there with a furious look on his face.

"Why didn't you answer my calls? I was fucking worried for you!" he says as he enters my room slamming the door behind him, making me flinch.

"Mick, please calm down, my phone was off" I explained, looking a bit surprised by his worried and angry attitude.

"Don't do it again please, you really scared me" he says, starting to calm down after taking a deep breath.

"I'm sorry.." I just apologise, taking my luggages.

"However, I'm ready to leave" I say, standing in front of the door, waiting for him.

"Yeah, let's go" he says, grabbing one of my luggages and walking with me towards the elevator and then his car.

He drives me to the airport, walking with me until we reach the security checks where we stop, I smile at him as he leaves the suitcase on the floor, with his hands in the pockets of his jeans.

"Thank you.." I just whisper at him, after a few seconds of silence.

He doesn't talk, instead he embraces me in a tight hug, taking me a bit by surprise, but I hug him back quickly.

"Take care of yourself and remember that I'm always here for you, whatever it takes" he whispers as we keep hugging each other. As soon as we pull apart, he smiles amused before speaking again.

"I had fun those days.. I really missed my best friend in the past years, I can't wait to be your companion for the next Grand Prix" he says half sarcastically, but honestly.

"I really had fun too, and of course I missed you so much. See you soon Lightening" i wink at him after i call him by the nickname i gave him when we were young, it is 'lightning' because of our favourite movie "cars" and the reason we both started racing together (ofc it was because of our fathers and the passion they taught us, but we like to think that that movie motivated us more).

"See you, troublemaker" he smiles, before caressing my back, then I turn around to walk away, through the security checks, leaving my best friend behind to fly away and live my dream.. Again.

[Author's space: and i'm back!! i know i promised to update in a short time, but.. anyway, there's another chapter and i hope you're enjoying the story so far. I tried to add an example of the chat instead of explaining it, because i thought it would be better, let me know if you prefer this way. remember to comment whatever you want and thank you so much for the support. lya and see you in the next chap <3]

Insta: s4marvel004

Tiktok: s4marvel00

questions/suggestions/feedback space ↘