Blunder, Laughter and Dinner

AUTHOR

(Hospital Scene)

( Flashback)

Last night Prisha and Varun fixed a date for Anwesha without her knowledge and told the guy to come to the hospital to pick her up.
For some emergency, they both forgot to inform Anwesha about the date.
During Anwesha's round in the ER (emergency room), a man approached her.

" Dr. Anwesha Arora?" - he asked.
"Yes?"- She questioned
"Hy I'm Rohit Gupta"- he waved and smiled at her.
He forwarded his hand for a handshake when Anwesha's eyes widened.
"Yes, yes I was waiting for you, come with me"- She said.

Anwesha grabbed his hand and ran to the OB department (obstetrics)
Rohit was running with her but was confused and trying to talk to her.
They both stopped outside a room.
Anwesha asked Rohit to follow her and he did. She pointed towards a woman who was sleeping and beside her, there was a crib with a baby sleeping too.
She sanitized her hands, picked up the baby, and told Rohit to sanitize his hands too.
Rohit sanitized but stood still. Anwesha was just about to hand over the baby to him when he backed off.

"No no what are you doing, I can't hold her"- said Rohit
"Arey, it's okay, she's so cute, c'mon you're a father now, you can do it"- said Anwesha while rocking the baby.

"Father and me"- Rohit screamed pointing his index finger toward him.
"Yeah"- Anwesha said with a smile.
"Look I know it's a little overwhelming but you'll get it"- Anwesha

Rohit was so shocked and speechless at the same time.

The woman woke up hearing a scream, looked at the crib, and screamed.
"Where's my baby"- said the woman

Anwesha and Rohit looked at the woman.

"Mrs.Gupta sees your husband is here. I was just asking him to hold his daughter but I think he's afraid"- said Anweha to the woman while rocking the baby.

The woman was shocked to see a stranger man claiming to be her husband. Rohit was shocked to process everything.

Soon the real husband of the woman came to the scene and he was a little confused about the situation. He was looking at her wife, a doctor holding a baby (supposedly his baby), and an unknown man talking about something serious.

"I'm not the father of this baby"- Rohit tried to explain
"What's your name, Rohit Gupta right, and look she's your wife Mrs.Gupta and your cute little angel"- said Anwesha.

The man listening to all of this couldn't believe what he just heard and punched Rohit.
Anwesha gasped and the woman too.
The man was fuming and he kept punching Rohit continuously.
Before anything more serious could happen, Anwesha paged the security and her friends too.
They all came running, and the security tried to separate them.

"What is this, Smita?" the man said with anger and tears.
He misunderstood the whole situation.
"Who are you?" Anwesha asked
"I'm Rohit Gupta, Smita Gupta's husband," said the man.
"No you're not"- said Anwesha being so sure.
"What do you mean I'm not"- asked the man
"This gentleman here is the husband and the father, he's Rohit Gupta. Who are you?"- Anwesha said pointing to the first Rohit Gupta.

The first Rohit was about to speak but then Prisha and Varun came running.
They enquired about the situation and got confused seeing Rohit beaten up.
"Anu, kya chal rha hai, what is Rohit doing here"- Prisha

[What's going on]

"You know Rohit?"- asked Anwesha
"Yeah, he's your date we fixed him for you"- said Varun
"What"- she whispered as she was still holding the baby.
"I thought he's the father guy"- Anwesha.
Both Prisha and Varun facepalmed.
"Pagal hai kya"- said Varun