Too Late To Realize, Too Soon To Tell

KIYANSH

People think we royal families are born lucky.
Maybe in front of the whole world we are but they don't have enemies like we do.

They don't have to always live on eggshells like us, always observant and always alert.

I will never forget the darkest time in my family when my brother died. We were heartbroken and helpless. We never got to see his body and that's what kills me every single day.
The killer is living his/her somewhere out there and I am still incapable of finding the killer.

Every day is a reminder of how much of a loser I am.
Every day I feel like I'm losing my sanity. I'm losing everything.
The person didn't just kill my brother but snatched away the only person I had spent my childhood with.

All these years I became cold and ruthless just so that one day when I'll find the person who killed my brother I won't let a single sense of humanity cross my mind before shredding that mother fucker into tiny pieces.

Before meeting my princess I was a loner.
She became my sanity. She became my will to live. She became the reason to smile.

And now that I'm thinking about her I remember I didn't give her anything last night.

I have zero idea what to give my princess.
Never had a girlfriend before and the namesake one buys everything herself.

I called the only person who might help me.
Advik Sharma.

“Suraj aaj paschim se nikla kya”- That's the first thing I heard him say the minute he picked up my call.

[Did the same rose from the west today]

“Bakwas band kar”, I said.

[Stop your butllshit]

“Wait let me process this, you're calling me for the first time?”, Advik said faking a cry

At this point, I was getting impatient. I wanted a few points but here he is wasting my time.

“Fine bye”
“No no stop, don't break my heart Anshu”, He said

Yeah! Anshu. He calls me Anshu. I hate the name. But since he is my best friend I didn't kill him till now.

“Kam ki baat pe aaja, kyun call kiya hai.”- He asked.

[Come to the point now, why did you call me]

“What should I gift a girl”

“Send her some money, she will be happy”, He said and I could sense he was not at all interested now.

But my princess doesn't have money issues. She's a doctor. Her family is rich. Then why should I send her money?

“Kahan ghum hai,” Advik asked

[Where are you lost]

“She's got a lot of money. I don't think sending her money would be nice at all”

“Of course, a gold digger like her will have money,” He said with anger

Wait, what? A Gold Digger? My princess?
Not even in my dreams.

“Mind your language Advik. She is not like Nisha.” I shouted

There was a very awkward silence because silence and Advik don't go hand in hand.

“Wait a minute tu uss plastic bag ke baare mein nahi puch raha?”. Advik asked.

[Wait a minute you're not asking about the plastic bag]

“No, I am talking about Anwesha”, I said

“Who”, Advik

“My princess, Anwesha,” I said