Chapter 9

Logan's p.o.v.

I was pretty happy. My birthday party was today even though all it was was Bree, Danielle, and my family. But it could be worse. Danielle made sure that Bree was not bringing Jimmy along. I was currently taking a walk. It was a nice day out and I was just killing time. My mom was running all over the place and just wanted me out of the way, so I've been on a walk for about two hours now. I finally decided to head home. I walked down my street, my eyes wonder around taking in the beautiful scene around me when I caught something that really upset me. I was right in front of Bree's house, and no I wasn't watching her kiss Jimmy. Today was actually garbage day and the thing on the top of Bree's garbage was the teddy bear I had given her on Valentine's days as her secret admirer. I remember how she would always say she loved it and would never get rid of it until she at least found out who gave it to her. I walked over to the trash, picking up the teddy bear. I guess, she's completely given up on me. I don't even feel like her best friend anymore because she spend so much time with Jimmy now. And he doesn't even f**king like her. Unlike me who's in love with her, but I'm nothing to her. I don't even have any good qualities or at least none that she sees. I felt a few tears slipping out of my eyes. I quickly wiped them away and ran home. Not realizing I still had the teddy bear in my hand. I rushed up to my room, throwing the teddy bear aside and opening up one of the drawer in my desk and taking out my pocket knife. I closed it and walked over, sitting on my bed. I pushed the knife against me, breaking skin. Yeah it hurt, but I was able to get out all my pain, even if it was on myself. "What the hell are you doing?" Bree said rushing over to my and taking the knife away from me. When did she even get in here? How did I not hear her open the door? "Give it back Bree." I grumbled. "No, why would you do that to yourself?" She asked me. It's not like I'm proud of it. "To let out my frustration." I mumbled. She took my knife and locked it in one of the drawers. She came back over, gripping my arm and dragging me off. "Ow Bree, loosen your grip." I told her. "No, think about the consequences before you cut yourself." She told me. "Sorry, next time I'll consider it." I told her taking me into the bathroom. She started bandaging my arm. "What could have made you so frustrated for you to do such a thing, how big of an idiot are you." She told me and I looked at the ground. "I hate this new side of you." I said taking my arm away from her. "New side of me? I'm protecting you." She told me. I sent her a glare. "All the stupid things I've done, which we both know is a lot. You have never called me an idiot before." I mumbled. "You and that stupid boyfriend of your's. I hate the idea of you dating. He's taking you away from me. And you're all I ever had." I mumbled starring at the ground as I watched my foot move around. "Let me get this straight, you're upset because I'm finally happy. You can not take this away from me. I've wanted this for so long." She told me. "You don't think I've wanted someone just as much as you've wanted Jimmy. You don't think I've waited as long. Because I have, actually I've waited longer. I've been in love with the same girl before you even knew Jimmy existed." I told her. "Maybe you should have done something about it. You should have made your move after all this time." She told me. "You don't think I tried. I tried to tell her every god damn second we had together. It never worked. Because she was so stupid back when we were kids then next thing I knew she was head over heels in love with Jimmy." I explained to her. "Well I could have helped you if you weren't so stubborn about telling me." She told me. "I couldn't tell you." I told her. "Why not?" She asked me. CAUSE YOU WERE THE ONE I WAS IN LOVE WITH! "Guys, I don't mean to interrupt your what looks like a fight, but everyone is here." Danielle told us. "Whatever." We both said walking downstairs before walking in different direction....

Cake time:

Everyone sang happy birthday to me except for Bree. She just stared at me glaring and I returned the favor. I may have been mad at her, but what I really wanted to do right now was run up and kiss her. But I knew that wasn't gonna happen. When everyone stopped singing, I looked down at the cake. The center candle was the one Danielle had given me. I looked up at her and she winked. I remembered what she said. I only had one chance. I could go the old fashion way, I wish Bree wasn't mad, or was in love with me, maybe regain our friendship. But I could care less if she's mad, we still have some of our friendship, and she doesn't need to be in love with me. I wouldn't want her under a spell anyways. So I reworded what I really wanted. "I wish Bree would realize how good I am for her." I mumbled under my breath, nobody hearing me. I blew out all the candles.

3rd person:

After Logan blew out the magical candle, time just seemed to freeze all except for Bree. Pink smoke came out of the magical candle and made it's way to Bree. She breathed in the smoke and sighed in relief from the beautiful smell not knowing that it was actually going to put her under a spell and change her mind about a few things. Her eyes laying on Logan as someone gave him a piece of cake and he smiled towards them. Her heart fluttered seeing his smile, her face began to burn, and her eyes had softened. A gentle smile making it's way to Bree's face as she continued to watch him in admiration. She had no idea what was happening, all she knew was that she was really into Logan right now.