Birthday gift

It's Saturday, Somewhere at a restaurant, Nayla's saying goodbye to her friends as they leave; it was her birthday, only Josh and Ashley remaining.

Josh: Hope you liked the surprise.

Nayla: Sure did. Thanks, dad. You too, Ashley. (She smiles to her) Did think something was off when you guys told me to dress up.

Ashley: I'm glad your friends could make it. Seemed like you had fun. I'll miss seeing you like this.

Josh: Ashley...

Ashley: I'm sorry, I didn't mean to say it...

Nayla: (confused) What is going on? Why will you miss seeing me like this?

Josh: (sighs) You weren't supposed to find out like this. Didn't plan to tell you on your birthday.

Nayla: Tell me what?

Josh: She got the job she wouldn't stop talking lately so now they are waiting for her to move out.

Nayla: (surprised) Really? (happy) That's amazing. (gives Ashley a short hug) Congratulations, Ashley.

Ashley: Thanks, Nayla.

Nayla: And this is what you were afraid of telling me on my birthday? This is great news.

Josh: There is more to it...I'll be moving out with her.

Nayla: (shocked) What?

Josh: Her and I really thought about this is what we've decided.

Nayla (feeling hurt) And where am I in this whole equation?

Josh: I think it's better for you to finish your school here, we kinda made you change schools a lot lately. It will do you good.

Nayla: I can't believe this...you're just going to leave me alone?

Josh Nayla, listen...I won't move till I'll get you another place to live, somewhere closer to school. I'll help you move out. You won't have to worry about paying rent or something, I'll get that covered and more.

Nayla: (teary eyes) If you'll excuse me, I'm going home. (goes for the door)

Josh: Nayla, Wait! (goes after her) Get in the car, we'll go together.

Nayla: (standing in the doorframe) I don't want to. I just wanna take a walk back home. It's not that far anyway. (He hesitates) I'll be fine. You and Ashley could wrap up things here and move all my presents and stuff. If you get home before me, just give me a call. (he sighs and nods, she walks away)

Somewhere outside, near the restaurant, between the blocks

Noah: What part of my friend isn't coming, don't you guys just get? He couldn't make it, so I came instead.

Sape: There is a difference between can and want, don't you think?

Noah: Would I have come if he didn't want to in the first place? No. He told me to meet up with you cause he doesn't want to owe you.