Possessiveness comes through anyway

After they ate, they are drinking coffee at the table

Noah: It was really good. Kinda like Tom’s cooking.

Nayla: That’s because I used his recipe. 

Noah: Oh…I see…has he tried to…uhmm…ask you out or something?

Nayla: No.

Noah: Really?...Well that's a first.

Nayla: Should’ve he?...ask me out?

Noah: Knowing him, I’m really surprised he didn’t. Even more that he’s got your number. Sending you just recipes…

Nayla: Well, he sends me recipes…and sometimes he comes into the picture shirtless alongside what he cooked.

Noah: He what?

Nayla: You heard me. 

Noah: Let me see. Give me your phone.

Nayla: What for? Don’t worry, he doesn’t look any better than you shirtless. 

Noah: Gosh, now I really have to see it. 

Nayla: Suit yourself. (hands him her phone, he goes through her conversation with Tom, he frowns)

Noah: There is nothing like that. 

Nayla: Yeah, it isn’t because he never sent me anything apart from recipes’ pics. 

Noah: Why did you say it then?

Nayla: Wanted to see your reaction. Why did you care in the first place? (he’s taken aback and just stares at her) I don’t know what’s going on inside your head, but your actions are far from the things you tell me. (stands) I get it though, but I’ll still be waiting for you to come around. (he just watches her bewildered) Want more coffee?

Noah: No, thanks…I had my share for the whole day.

Nayla: Is that so?...then someone will do a good job on the project, right? We should finish it today after classes. 

Noah: Yeah, sure. That would be ideal actually. I don’t know if I got to tell you, but we’ve got a home game this Saturday.

Nayla: Oh…You haven’t mentioned it before…so is this an invitation where I get all kinds of privileges like a front row seat, free snacks and drinks, get to talk to you in your breaks if I want to are on because we’re friends?

Noah: Oh, baby, I would let you have and do whatever you want if you come.

Nayla: Well it sure sounds tempting…do you want me to be there? 

Noah: I…It's not like you would be coming specially for me. Lisa will be there too.

Nayla: Well, I gotta support all of my friends, right? So yeah, I’ll be there. 

Noah: Cool. Sign me up for whatever your heart desires and everything will be on me. 

Nayla: Not sure you’ll do it all, though.

Noah: I’m serious.

Nayla: Then if my heart desires something more from you, will you give it to me?

Noah: I’m talking about food, drinks and free passes. 

Nayla: And I’m certainly not talking about those.