3. why me ?

AUTHOR'S POV :-

Chauhan's mansion

A fleet of cars and SUVs halted before a grand gate, where bodyguards emerged to secure the perimeter. The doors swung open, and out stepped a prominent figure from the esteemed Shekhawat family, a pillar of the state's royal lineage.

The Shekhawats had just arrived at the Chauhan residence, with the notable absence of Veer, who declined to attend, and Aashvi,(veer's sister ) who was abroad on business trip in Italy.

Meanwhile, Agastya and Laksh continued their childish squabble, a familiar spectacle to the Shekhawats, who acknowledged it with knowing nods.

, "Act your age Laksh , Behave ! You' are not akid anymore ." , Ravi said to Laksh .

Laksh rolled his eyes and Agastya burst out laughing.

Vivek, ( Veer's uncle) then said to Agastya, "Stop laughing."

Laksh teased his younger sibling, saying "You're in trouble now ,ruk beta tu ."

" Batau bade papa ko ? " , Agastya Wiggles his eyebrows

" By the way , why are we here guys ? " , asked Laksh with curiosity

" You'll get to know soon , now let's go ." , As Ravi headed towards the entrance of the Chauhan's mansion, everyone followed him.

Richa turned to Anjali with concern and asked, "Bhabhi, do you think Veer will show up?"

" I' don't know, Richa. You know Veer, if he says he won't come, he usually doesn't." Anjali sighed and replied .Richa nodded in understanding and continued walking with Anjali towards the entrance.

"KHAMMA GHANI" , Chauhan's greeted tye Shekhawat's and welcomed into the home with broad smiles.

The Shekhawats responded in kind, exchanging pleasantries with

"GHANI KHAMMA, Bhai shahab" and
"GHANI KHAMMA, bhabhi ji."

The younger family members paid their respects by touching the elders' feet before everyone took their seats and engaged in conversation.

Isha entered the living room, wearing a wine-colored saree with a deep neck blouse and heavy makeup, visibly irritated by Veer's absence. She sat beside the younger crowd, and after catching her mother Reena's signal, hastily touched the elders' feet as a sign of respect.

Isha forwarded her hand for a handshake to Laksh , saying hello in an over sweet voice .

"Isha, what's with the sugary tone ? " , Laksh asked, eyeing her warily.

"Just saying hello, Laksh . " Isha replied, her voice dripping with sweetness.

"Uncle-Aunty. ", Aadvik chimed in, appearing out of nowhere and touching the elders' feet before being swept up in a warm hug by Ravi and Anjali.

" What a pleasant surprise aunty . Why didn't you tell me that you're coming . " , He complaint

" But we did informed Mrs. Chauhan about our arrival . Didn't she tell you ? " , Anjali tells him when he snapped his head towards Reena who was smiling nervously.

" Wo I'm sorry , beta . I'm sorry Anjali ji mai bhul gayi thi . " , Reena saya with a smile . Aadvik just shrugged while giving her a tight lipped smile .

" Bhai , What's going on here?" , Agastya inquired, exchanging a skeptical glance with Laksh.

"Just a reunion, chote . ", Laksh observed, watching the scene unfold with amusement.