19. our home

VEER'S POV :-

After the wedding, we departed from Jaipur, heading towards our palace.

Tulip's eyes were puffy from crying, and she soon fell asleep during the journey to Udaipur. Her sleep was peaceful, resembling that of a baby, with her lips curled into an adorable pout.

Despite looking tired, likely due to the wedding, her beauty remained undiminished. The sight of dried tears on her face was painful, and I couldn't bear the thought of her crying.

I vowed to eliminate any cause of her tears, ensuring she would never cry again. Lost in admiration of her, I didn't notice Laksh watching me with a teasing grin until he coughed, breaking my reverie.

" what ? " , I asked him as i composed my demour

" Did I say something, bhai ? " ,he asked with a grin, raising his eyebrows.

" Then stop staring at me and look ahead. " ,I replied, shifting my gaze away.

" Oh hoo , someone's getting nervous . " ,, he teased, likely flashing all his teeth.

" You're already like this all blushing slushing and you haven't even reached home yet; who knows how you'll look once you're there . And I'm worried if you'll be showing your face to us or not ? " , he added with a chuckle.

Why I'm gonna show my face to these fools when I can show much morewith my beautiful wife ? I mean, taking her to places and showing her things she loves - you know what I mean?

After a long ride of over three to four hours, we finally arrived at the palace, and Meera was still  asleep. This made me realize she's a heavy sleeper. I gently placed my rough hands on her delicate skin and softly whispered to her.

" We reached, Tulip ." ,  She flinched slightly at the announcement, but her tension eased as our eyes met.

"Where?" , Her voice was groggy with sleep as she asked, while rubbing her eyes.

"At our home, Tulip. We're finally home." , i said.

A sparkle appeared in her eyes, though I couldn't quite decipher its meaning. I exited the car and walked around to her side, opening the door and offering my hand. Initially hesitant, she took it with a gentle smile.

°°°°
MEERA'S POV :-

Upon arriving in Udaipur, I felt a gentle touch on my cheek, causing me to flinch momentarily.

However, as our eyes met, my tension dissipated. He greeted me with a warm smile, addressing me as Tulip, a nickname that inexplicably fills me with an indescribable sensation, one that I eagerly want to experience more.

"Where are we ?" I inquired softly,

"We're home, Tulip. We've finally arrived ." he responded with a tender smile, his eyes conveying a depth of emotion. H words as soothing as his gaze. I couldn't explain why, but being around him made me feel secure and at ease.

His earlier confession lingered in my mind, an unexpected yet welcome revelation.

He stepped out of the car and approached me, opening the door and offering his hand to assist me. Initially, I was hesitant, but eventually, I placed my hand in his and smiled. With his help, I managed to exit the vehicle, struggling under the weight of my lehenga. Thankfully, I had removed my heels while still in the car.