13. Tulip 🌷

******
AUTHOR'S POV :-

While everyone else stood there in stunned silence, the youngsters remained oblivious to the tension that had developed.

" Riti , " , Aadvik's voice trembled and a tear rolled down his cheek, which he hastily brushed away, as he gazed elsewhere, his heart splintering into a million pieces at the sight of his beloved with another man's daughter.

On the opposite side, Dhriti was paralyzed with shock, confronted once again by the very thing she had been fleeing for the past three years.

The scene was met with utter bewilderment, with everyone present too stunned to utter a word, the silence speaking volumes louder than any spoken words could.

Vyom initiated the conversation by approaching Veer and extending a greeting, remarking,

" What a surprising encounter, Mr. Shekhawat. I hadn't anticipated running into you here. I was looking forward to seeing you at your wedding, but it seems fate had other intentions." , With a smile, Vyom offered his hand for a handshake, which Veer accepted with a professional nod.

"

"Rooh, baby say hello to everyone !" ,Vyom greeted everyone on behalf of the little girl in his arms, calling out  .

But the mention of that name stirred up a flurry of memories and questions in Aadvik's mind, causing him to turn to Dhriti with a sudden intensity.

" Hello everyone ! Me Rooh - Rooh dhliti shalma ! " , The little girl exclaimed in her bay voice.

"Mumma, Mumma !" , and rushed towards Dhriti, leading her to the gathering. 

" Mr.Shekhawat, meet Dhriti , she's my -" , Just as Vyom was finishing, Dhriti interrupted him.

" We already knew each other Mr  Maheshwari ! " , Dhriti spoke with a mix of pain and guilt, her voice trembling as she congratulated Veer on his marriage, a concept he had once shunned, and sarcastically inquired about the fortunate woman who had captured his heart.

Her voice cracked as she uttered the words.

Later, upon encountering Reyansh, she shared a hug with him, but her gaze falling upon Meera proved too much, and she could no longer hold back her tears.

" Meeru " , She expressed her feelings and went to hug her, and Meera responded with equal affection.

" Dhriti dii! "

" Mumma " , The voice interrupted their hug when Dhriti introduced the little girl to the group, and picked her up in her arms .

" Rooh , meet aunt Meera ! Meera she's Rooh , my daughter ! "

Dhriti then introduced Vyom, explaining that she worked at his hospital, and shared the unexpected encounter they had with Hik at the mall in Udaipur that day.

She then introduced Rooh to the group, but her gaze kept drifting as she searched for Aadvik, who had seemingly vanished without anyone noticing.

The group engaged in conversation, catching up after years apart. Meanwhile, Veer attempted to reach Aadvik by phone, but he didn't respond, causing Veer to feel uneasy, though he maintained a composed exterior.