savannahclaw- chapter 5: better a secret

Out on the field spelldrive practice was happening, even though chris is still new to this sport, hes catching on pretty well. Me and chris are doing really good against jack and leona. However nearing the end of the match, some of the students started to get frustrated that they were losing, me and chris didnt think much of it and continued on with the game, but one student threw the disk way to hard and it knocked chris clean off his broom.

Vargas- Hold up! Time out! We got a man down here!

???- oh my god! Im so sorry!

Ruggie- chris! Are you alright!?

Leona- Foxy! You good? That was a long fall. Are you alright?

Chris- i-im fine. . . d-dont worry about m-me.

Chris is in poor shape. He landed directly on his left arm and he might have broken it. I looked at his bruised face, hes starting to tear up, but hes. . . forcing a smile? But how!? He literally fell from like 10 feet in the air!?

Ruggie- i think its best we cut practise short. You took a pretty hard fall so lets get you back to your ro-

Chris- NO! I can still practice! I can just walk it off its fine. We dont need to. . . cut it short today.

Chris winced in pain.

Ruggie- this isnt an injury you can walk off! You need to rest chris!

Chris- but what about-

Leona- its alright chris. Well just continue tomorrow. What matters right now is you, now let get you clean up.

Leona takes chris back to our dorm. Was he trying to play it off as a “small” injury!? Something's wrong for sure.

Back in the dorm, leona sat beside chris on his bed. Chris has a guilty look on his face, he feels bad for being the reason why they had to cut practice short.

Chris- h- hey leona?

Leona- hm?

Chris- im sorry for being the reason why we had to cut it short. i-

Leona- chris. Can i ask you something?

Leona grips chris’s hand tightly

Leona- you can be honest with me. Do you always try to tough out these injuries?

Chris- wha? Well yes! Because most of my injuries arent as serious and i can usually tough them out, but you didnt have to bring me back he-

Leona- you fell from like ten feet in the air! And you say youre okay!? What makes you think youre okay after that!? And also WHY THE HELL DO YOU TOUGH IT OUT!?

Chris- leona im not trying to-

Leona- chris. . . if you tough it out youre just doing more damage to yourself! Youre destroying yourself even more if you try to walk it off! Why the hell are your friends okay with this!?

Chris- their. . .i. . .

Chris starts to feel overwhelmed with how much leona is yelling at him, he doesent even notice the tears forming in his eyes, his body feeling weak, and shaking.

Leona- and also you need to stop acting like the tough guy here, BECAUSE YOURE NOT!! YOURE NOT TOUGH AT ALL!! DO YOU REALLY THINK DESTROYING YOURSELF IS THE KEY!? YOU NEED TO CUT THE ACT!

Leonas roars startled chris even more, the tears couldnt stop, he started breathing heavily, placing his hands over his ears he started sobbing.

Leona didnt say anything and just left to his room. . .

.

.

.
The second drop fell. . .

.

.

.

.
TBC

Thanks for reading and have a good morning good night or good afternoon