Love & War :Prologue

Meet Monica.

She's independent, determined and intelligent young woman growing up without both her parents. Her mom is in jail and her father is dead. Other than her grandma, she has nobody..

Watch what happens  when the person she depends on the most gets hurt?

-Monica-

Waddup! Waddup! Wadddup! My names Monica, Im from Brooklyn, New York. Im seventeen  and beautiful! Naw Im joking. My names Monica, I am seventeen  and all the rest is true, But my life isn't perfect.

I've really haven't had anyone there for me except my grandma and my best friend Lacey. Uh, I don't know where to really start.

My dad's dead. My mom killed him.

So my mother is currently serving a 15 year sentence right now, she went to jail when I three so she has about two years left in there but that's IF she behaves.

I haven't visited her in jail, because she specifically asked that I did not see in while she was in the penitentiary. I don't blame her. But she was very pretty, from all the pictures on the wall.

I haven't heard a confirmed story on what happened between my parents but all I know was she killed him. My mother and I exchange letters every other week so I guess were close in that way.

I live with my grandma, who has been my guardian since my mother left. To be honest, I forget half the time that my mother killed my father but I don't feel like she killed him for no reason or a hoe reason, I feel like there's something behind it.

"Mo Mo!" My grandma yelled from downstairs.

"Yes grandma?" I answered while coming down the stairs.

"Come eat baby" I walked into the kitchen to see, my plate on the table.

My grandma had cooked rice and peas with curry chicken.

"Ouu thanks grandma" I said while drowning the chicken with pepper.

"No problem baby, and That's too much! Your belly is going to burn!" She said walking away.

I had so much respect for my grandma. She was battling breast cancer, so she wasn't the strongest but she always kept her head up.

I had an aunt who lived in Florida but we weren't really close because of the distance and she was a busy business women. She had a daughter though. My cousins name was Kendra, we were close when we younger, but now we just don't talk because she changed, I changed. We all changed.

After I finished eating and washing the dishes, I went upstairs to go lay down.

It was still summer, so there wasn't really any motives out right now.

I wasn't a popular chick. I wasn't girly girl. I kept to myself. I didn't even really have friends. I just was me.

One love, Id always have was track. 

My mother ran track, and she was apparently going somewhere until she met my father. She had been offered scholarships to many different schools but she never got the chance because she got pregnant with me. I grew up feeling, like I owed it to her. But it eventually became into my one and only love.

I've never had a boyfriend. I've never kissed a boy but don't think low of me or Im ugly because Im not. At all.

I had nice glowing caramel skin. I had nice beautiful Black hair! Hazel eyes and nice full lips. My ass was nice too !

There's been guys who tried to talk to me, but I just wasn't interested. I feel like they're out to hurt me, and lie to me. Yes I have trust issues but guys these days want two things.

PUSSY & HEAD

But unfortunately for them, they're not getting it from me. I have too much self respect for some nigga to just come and trash on me. I dont play that.

I was singing Stroke You Up by Changing faces when I heard a thump!

I ran into my grandmothers bedroom. No sign of her.

I started to panic, as I heard the water running.

I opened the door, to see my grandmas body slouched over and her head was bleeding. I immediately ran over to her body, trying to see if she still had a pulse. I then ran out the bathroom, grabbing the house phone and called 9-1-1.

I rushed over to my grandmas body while waiting for them to come.

I started balling while seeing her body, just laying there.

"Come'on grandma" I said while rubbing her head.

I was beginning to shake and the ambulance came and barged into the bathroom.

For the first time in my life, I felt so weak.

I need her.