4 am. - seo changbin

fallen star - the neighborhood 0:00 ───|────── 3:45

0:00 ───|────── 3:45

(>。☆)

it's 4 am, I can't sleep to save my life. I slam my book that I was reading down and I let out a breath and run my fingers through my hair.

I haven't been getting much sleep at all and it's killing me because I know the exact reason why. my boyfriend changbin. he's been super super busy with his group activities and projects and stuff. and I don't ever want to be a burden so I let him be and let him do what he has to do. now all these late hours and I can't sleep, not even a little nap in the afternoon. I rarely see changbin and it's killing me, I love him and I want him to keep pursuing his dreams but I also want him here with me so badly I have no idea what to do.

❣️

it's almost now 5 am and I still can't sleep I've tried listening to calm music, or to just close my eyes till I eventually, finally be in a state of deep sleep.

but guess what? I didn't.

I then impulsively picked up my phone that was left on my bed side table and started looking for changbin's contact. "binnie <3" there it was and yet I still managed to hesitate calling but I still do after gathering all my courage last minute, the phone rings a few times, maybe signaling he was asleep or doing practice before he eventually picked up "hun? if everything ok?" he asked and I took a moment before answering him. I missed his voice so much "y/n? what's wrong?" changbin asked once more before I finally answer him "I just- I can't sleep without you." I say with my voice breaking, sounding like I'm about to break into tears, which I was so close to.

"I''ll- I'll be right there ok? hang tight" he stuttered and I just responded with "ok" and simply waited for him to finally arrive.

after 10 minutes of waiting changbin finally came. I then hear the keys twisting in the door all the way from my room.

he then opens the door and I walk on over. he puts his bag down while not breaking eye contact the moment he spotted me.

we both look into each other's eyes for another good five seconds before I let out a long, deep, exhausting sigh and he slightly smiles.

"come here" is all changbin says almost as a whisper before he opens his arms up signaling me to hug him. and I did.

I've been waiting for days for this moment and now I'm finally here. in his calming, strong arms making me instantly feel like no one will ever hurt me. "I missed you so-" I was about to say but he cut me off "shh let's just, stay like this for a few more minutes." he says. "ok" I say almost whispering.

❣️

after a few moments of silence hugging each other we quietly made our way to the bedroom and just cuddled together.

"what exactly happened? the urgent call startled me
if I'm being honest" changbin asks "sorry.." I begin to say before I let out yet another sigh "I just haven't been seeing you in what seemed like forever and I just really needed you cause, well look at the time and I'm still up." I explain "well you do love your sleep" changbin jokes which makes us both laugh.

"I missed you too though, being away for so long and being so busy I feel I don't get to say 'I love you' very often" he says "yea but it's okay..." I say. "I love you" changbin says before planting a kiss on my head. I giggle before answering "I love you too. always" I reply before finally getting the sleep I've been needing and wanting, especially with him.

𐙚

this is a bit of a short one but it's really cute in my opinion, anyways hope you enjoyed reading bye!!
💗💗