1.

1/5/25

"Ivy" by frank ocean plays as Zekial finish's his last lap around the track

"Ivy" by frank ocean plays as Zekial finish's his last lap around the track. He's been working hard for the track meet next week and has hopes in getting 1st place.

After 3 hours on the track he heads to his car. Driving through the grassy area full of trees and plants cause him to feel sad. He falls into his thoughts and wonders why he was never chosen.

CHOSEN- 𝒽𝒶𝓋ℯ 𝒷ℯ𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓈ℯ𝓁ℯ𝒸𝓉ℯ𝒹 𝒶𝓈 𝓉𝒽ℯ 𝒷ℯ𝓈𝓉 ℴ𝓇 𝓂ℴ𝓇ℯ 𝒶𝓅𝓅𝓇ℴ𝓅𝓇𝒾ℯ𝓉ℯ

"damn man" he mutters while tears flow down his face. His white shirt now mixed with sweat and tears. Like always Zeek wipes his face and keeps driving.

EMOTIONS DONT DEFINE YOU! The words of his coach fill his brain. YOU ARE MORE THEN YOUR FEELINGS. Coach bryon has always been a strong mentor of Zeek's.

Zekial pulls up to a small corner store that's on the end of his street.

"Wassup frezno" he waved before heading to the candy section. "Hm these look good". Bags of starburst, Jolly ranchers, Ruffles, and Takis are what he has when it's time to check out.

"hello my friend." Frezno rings up all of the snacks before receiving his money from Zekial. "Thanks frez see you tomorrow."

Zeeks heads out and pulls up at his house. It's small and owned by his grandmother molly-anne. She took him in when he was younger. That's pretty much the only memory of family he has. No siblings, No parents and only 3 cousins.

"Hey granny" he mumbles before heading to the basement. His grandmother let him have the basement since it's a lot of space. He has his own bathroom and a walk in closet.

Zeek plops on the bed and pulls out his phone heading to his instagram. Scrolling through people's stories that he's ghosted over the months.

"He know he ain't even hard like that" he rolls his eyes tossing his phoke on the bed. A pair of plaid pajama pants and a plain pair of black underwear. "Ian going nowhere anyways." He huffs throwing the clothes on the bathroom counter.

Zeek has to turn the shower thing 3 times just for the water to get hot. His granny has the money to get it fixed she's just a cheap stake. "granny needa get this fixed". Now the water is steaming hot and the mirror starts to fog up.

He steps into the shower and grabs his dial bar soap. "Exchange" plays on the speaker. He starts to reminisce about Mariah. A girl he dated before something tragic happened. Another tear falls down his eye. Zekial quickly wipes it away and begins to bathe.

REMINISCE- 𝒾𝓃𝒹𝓊𝓁𝑔ℯ 𝒾𝓃 ℯ𝓃𝒿ℴ𝓎𝒶𝒷𝓁ℯ 𝓇ℯ𝒸ℴ𝓁𝓁ℯ𝒸𝓉𝒾ℴ𝓃 ℴ𝒻 𝓅𝒶𝓈𝓉 ℯ𝓋ℯ𝓃𝓉𝓈.

12:03 am. Zeek finally stops his tears from falling before picking up his phone to call Kamari. "Lemme get a 3.5 meet me at da house".

Ezekiel slowly and quietly walks to the front door, carefully not to wake grandma. "i don't know why you tip toeing". He looks over and sees her sitting on the couch with her bible.

"i'm not even gonna ask where your going, you've been smelling loud everytime you walk in my house."she says with a small attitude in her tone before standing up and walking towards her bedroom.

"damn" he says falling into the car.

Pulling up 30 minutes away on a run down side of town Zeek climbs out of the car and walks towards the house. Everytime he comes here it's always a big group of people for some reason. "damn they must
be homeless or some" he says sighing before opening the front door.

"Yoo" a light skin with the shortest locs known to man says while walking past the front door and staring at Zeek. Hennessy smell bouncing all off his tounge. "wassup mel".

"who is that" a new girl whispers. Zeek never seen her before but she's pretty. Her dark skin and pretty brown eyes. "you can't whisper at all". Zeek says before walking into the kitchen.

"waddup li mari lemme get that" he says snatching a zip lock bag out of his hand. "yea gone ahead and cash app me nigga" mari chuckles before grabbing another girls hand and going outside with her. 

"SAFE SEX IS GREAT SEX" another boy yells. He looks like he's only 12 years old so what could he possibly know about any kind of sex?

"Scoot over pea head ". Zeek plops next to the same girl from early. "uh excuse you and my name is kiori". Zeek laughs at her before rolling up. "mhm mhm". He sticks the blunt in between his fingers and lights it up. "you want"? She shrugs before grabbing it from him.

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐧𝐞𝐱𝐭 𝐝𝐚𝐲.

zeek looks at the time realizing it's 8am and he's  supposed to be in school in 15 minutes. Usually his granny would wake him up before she leaves for work but usally she's been weird.

"DAMN" he jumps out of bed and runs into the bathroom quickly brushes his teeth and slips on his crocs. "damn damn". He runs to his car and cranks it up speeding down the street.

"mane i'm late as hell". He runs into the front office and it's already 8:17. "You late Monroe". He turns around and seeing Coach Mikel. "I know coach i'm sorry."

"Whatever get to class". Zeek sighs and walks down the long hallway to his first period class. This honestly is his least favorite class. Ms.Cocker always is on his butt about grades and being on time. Everyone usually just skips her class.

"Your late AGAIN". She says with her hands on her shoulders. "damn she don't never shut up". Another student mumbles but loud enough so everyone can hear.

"EXACTLY" a loud girl who's munching on hot cheetos and drinking a frappe chimes in. "ghetto as hell". Zeek says in his head. He don't feel like arguing with anyone this early in the morning.

"Your getting a write up makiyah, Take a seat Zekiel". He walks over to his desk and sits down before picking up his pencil and starting on a "random pop quiz". It can't be random if she gives them out every single morning.

12:30. It's lunch time and the hallways packed. All zeek can think about is the new girl and how her body curve every way it need too. He sees her standing shyly at her locker and decides to go up to her.

"wsg i'm Zekial and you areee.."? He drags waiting for her to say her name. "Im Monae it's nice to meet you zekial". She says so low that it's almost like a whisper.

"Nice to meet you too ms monae" He smiles big teeth all in her face. "cmon mama let's walk an talk". She walks with him to the cafeteria. It's hella students here lining up for this nasty Salisbury steak.

"So where you transferred from monae". She picks with her finger nails seeming all shy. "Well i went to cunnigrove but now i'm here". Cunnigrove is 45 minutes away and it's a big PWI. "damn that's far".

They talk all lunch period and end up exchanging numbers for "School" purposes. "I'll see you around shorty".