6.

3/30/25

"Leah wake up"

"Leah wake up". One of the older girls from the group home shakes leah. "whaat why so early" Leah groans while checking the time.

She then sees the fire department and emts walking past her room. "What happened" she looks around at everyone's sad faces. "Majaila killed herself". Jailia was one of the newer girls. She was only 12 years old.

Leah didn't know her good enough to cry about it but she did feel bad. "Social services said they might have to rehome us since this isn't a safe environment" kiniyah sighs.

Environment- 𝒯𝒽ℯ 𝓈𝓊𝓇𝓇ℴ𝓊𝓃𝒹𝒾𝓃𝑔𝓈 ℴ𝓇 𝒸ℴ𝓃𝒹𝒾𝓉𝒾ℴ𝓃𝓈 𝒾𝓃 𝓌𝒽𝒾𝒸𝒽 𝒶 𝓅ℯ𝓇𝓈ℴ𝓃,𝒶𝓃𝒾𝓂𝒶𝓁, ℴ𝓇 𝓅𝓁𝒶𝓃𝓉 𝓁𝒾𝓋ℯ𝓈 ℴ𝓇 ℴ𝓅ℯ𝓇𝒶𝓉ℯ𝓈.

Last time leah got rehomed she arrived here. 2000 miles away from her home town. She immediately throws on her robe and house shoes before walking out of the house.

She calls the group chat with her, Zeek, Kiori, Mel, Mari, and Miyona. They answer and her voice cracks while trying to explain everything. "M-My group home sister killed h-h-herself and they are relocating me". She breaks out in sobs.

When she moved here it took her forever to warm up to it. She built a friendship here with them. She built a relationship with zeek. So throwing all of it away is just a stupid concept.

relationship- 𝒯𝒽ℯ 𝓌𝒶𝓎 𝒾𝓃 𝓌𝒽𝒾𝒸𝒽 2 ℴ𝓇 𝓂ℴ𝓇ℯ 𝒸ℴ𝓃𝒸ℯ𝓅𝓉𝓈, ℴ𝒷𝒿ℯ𝒸𝓉𝓈 , ℴ𝓇 𝓅ℯℴ𝓅𝓀ℯ 𝒶𝓇ℯ 𝒸ℴ𝓃𝓃ℯ𝒸𝓉ℯ𝒹.

Zeek climbs out of his bed and tells her that he's on his way before she hangs up. A social worker comes up to her. "Aleah richardson"? She nods her head yes and is led to the dining room.

"Okay aleah i'm your new social worker and we are gonna work on relocating you, Luckily there is a home close by willing to take you. If you misbehave though they won't hesitate to write you up and send you back with me". The social worker explains.

"This is another group home, so go ahead and pack all your things.". Leah sighs out of relief before heading upstairs to pack up clothes. She doesn't have many since it would be hard moving them back and forth everytime.

As she's loading into the social workers car zeek pulls up and rushes to her. "Hey mama" he says while hugging her and looking into her puffy eyes. she sniffles and looks around to see her social worker watching them.

"I'll give you guys some time to chat and then i'm gonna take you to the new home" she says before walking off. 

"New home"? Zeek says in a questioning tone. Leah shakes her head then begins to speak. "Yea but it's only about 15 minutes away and hopefully they aren't strict" she says while fiddling with her fingers.

Zeek hugs her tighter than before. "Okay mama". After they talk it out it's time for Leah to head to the new home so she climbs in the car with her social worker.

"Ok so they don't allow phones.....but just keep it hidden and i'll lie and say i took it" the social worker says. "Really"? Leah says with questioning eyes. Her last social worker made her life a living hell. Placing her in bad homes and lying during her court dates.

They pull up to a nice home. It's not big but it's also not small. When they walk inside leah is greeted by an elderly white couples. "Hello it's nice to meet you" the old lady says while going in for a hug.

"She smells like gingerbread" Leah thinks in her head. The home is decorated so cozily. She spots a few people staring at her from the stairs. "These are our other fosters" they say while pointing to them.

They all look around the same age as Leah or maybe even older. "Hi it's nice to meet you" she says while waving. "Bryce lead her to her bedroom" Ms.Marvel says.

Bryce waves for leah to cmon before leading her down the hallway. "Okay so this is your bedroom. You share with tiana. She's not here right now but she's pretty cool" He says before shrugging and walking off.

The room isn't bad and it's surprisingly good for a group home. Leah heads to what seems to be her side and begins to unpack all her things. Blankets, Clothes,Shoes, and her pillows.

After she's done she notices that the bathroom door connects to her room and anothers. Meaning it's 4 people sharing one bathroom. She sighs before heading back downstairs.

Mr. and Mrs. Marvel hands her a small sheet of paper with the home rules. She says thank you and then sits at the empty counter chair to read them.

HOME RULES.
No phones.
No boys in the girls room.
curfew at 9:30pm on week days.
curfew 11:30pm on weekends.
wash up after yourself.
Keep your room clean or grounded.
you can eat anything just clean it up.

Leah decides that all of these are reasonable rules. Some of them are actually shocking considering most group homes are strict. "Hey" she turns around to see bryce staring at her. "oh hi" she says while giving him a small smile.

Bryce is a brown skin braceface. He has locs and pretty eyes. His small mustache compliments his pretty lips and tatted arms. Overall he is fine. "You must got the rules list" he says while chuckling.

Leah laughs before turning back to her phone. It's a text from zeek. He's outside and tells her to cmon. "I gotta go" she says before signing the leave out chart that's on the kitchen counter. She walks outside and climbs into zeeks car then hands him the rule list.

He looks confused. "They ain't yo parents they can't tell you what to do" he scoffs. Leah starts laughing. "that's not how it works zeek. They are my guardians so for rn they technically are my temporary parents".

He rolls his eyes and heads towards the usual hangout spot but before that they are gonna stop and get some food. "what you wanna head mama" he says while analyzing her pretty face.

"Can we get some chipotle" she says while smiling. Showing all 32 of her teeth. "okay".

They pull up and chipotle and both climb out of the car. luckily there is no line so they don't have to wait. "Um can i get a bowl with everything extra please."

"I want it to have white rice, steak, lettuce, cheese, pico, corn, red hot salsa, sour cream, and queso. Also can i get a tortilla on the side". Zeek orders the same thing as her since he doesn't eat here often.

"Okay your total is 40.92" the worker says while eyeing zeek. He notices this and wraps his arms around Leah while pulling her in front of him.

This is bryce y'all

This is bryce y'all.

HOW WE FEELING ABT THE BOOK.?!? MAKE SOME NOISE YALL WTH AHHHHHHH.