More trouble..

Trip kissed my cheek when he came to pick me up, "you look nice." He complemented. I shuffled on my nervous feet.

"You do too, shall we?" I pointed to the car. He nodded and reached out and took my hand, he lead me to the car and opened the door for me and I climbed in.

A boy I didn't recognise turned his head to look at me in the back seat. "Hi, I'm Kaley's brother, Kaden. You must be Maisie. It's nice to meet you." He said politely and reached out and shook my hand.

"You too." I murmured, it made me feel awkward with the problems me and her have had. I guess Kaden didn't really bother or maybe he just knew how much of a brat she really is. Trip climbed in the other door and took my hand on to his lap.

"You ready?" He smiled.

"Where's Jason?" I turned my head to look at his house and I saw all the lights were out.

His thumb ran over the palm of my hand, "they are meeting us there." He said as we began driving. "Are you and Kaley gonna be okay today?" He asked and I looked at her brother embarrassed.

"It's okay. I know what's she's like." He said, catching on to my awkwardness.

"We'll be fine. As long as she doesn't throw gravy in my face then we should be okay." I joked to which both of them chuckled.

When we walked towards the table, Jason rose from his seat and shook Trip's hand and then put his arm around me and kissed my cheek. "You look great, we ordered you both a drink." He said and I smiled and sat down opposite Kaley.

She kept her head turned away and the look on her face was just rage. Maybe it's because she told me to stay away from Jason but yet I'm here.

I took a sip of my drink and crossed my arms over my chest. Trip glanced at me then Jason. "So did you meet Kaley's brother?" Jason asked.

I nodded, "yeah he seems lovely." I smiled. I wanted to carry on and make a joke about how it must not run in the family but I shut my mouth.

"Yeah he's a good guy." Trip said uncomfortably.

"How did your parents take the suspended news?" I asked Jason and I saw his head bowed and Kaley's eyes darted to him.

"You got suspended?" She said angrily.

I looked between them then cursed myself in my head. "Whoops." I murmured.

"Yeah, just till Wednesday." he sighed.

"What about your grades? We are trying to higher them and you go and get suspended. What did you do!?" She demanded to know.

Oh shit. "I got in a fight." He muttered.

"A fight!? Who with?" Her voice got louder. Trip excused himself and walked away from the table. In that moment I wanted to stab him with my fork but he disappeared.

"Let's just talk about it later, babe. I don't want to discuss it right now." Jason said strictly to Kaley then his face softened. "Are you ready to order some food?" He asked me.

I nodded and I watched him call over the waiter, he rhymed off everyone's order except mine. "I'll have lasagna." I said politely and the waiter nodded before grabbing our menus and walking away.

"So what do you think of Trip?" Kaley asked, although she seems disinterested.

"I like him." I saw him at the corner of my eye as I saw him tuck something in to his pocket then walk back to the table. He put his hand on my shoulder as he sat down on his seat.

The date went by pretty quick and thankfully there was no slip ups and we all got on well (me and Kaley never spoke.) We all got in to Jason's car and Trip's hand rested on my thigh. He leaned over in the back seat.