Happy ending? (LAST CHAPTER)

"Maisie, I can't-" He struggled for breath. I rushed back to his bedside. "I can't breath." He gasped.

"What? No, everything is okay. You're okay. Look you're awake." I panicked.

"Step back m'am." The nurse said and a few other nurses followed her in. I saw Jason's eyes begin to close again and I felt like my body was frozen. "Step back please." She repeated.

"Jason, no don't go back to sleep. No." I cried, tears rapidly falling down my face.

I eventually took a few steps back and watched as the nurses fussed over him. I wanted to throw up as I watched all these different things happen to him.

"Jason, can you open your eyes for us?" The nurse said.

I felt like the room started to spin and I was becoming more lightheaded with every second. I lifted my hand to my head and took a deep breath. "Maisie?" I heard one of the nurses that mostly was working with Jason over the past few days. I fell to the ground.

I opened my eyes and the first face I saw was Lee. "Mas, what the fuck is going on, dude?" He asked. I cleared my throat and opened my eyes wide. Was I in a hospital bed?

I looked around and saw hospital equipment around me then I saw a IV on my hand. "What happened?" I whispered. Jason. "Where's Jason?" I began to panic again. Oh no.

"Still in his room, listen it's fine. Danielle, Diana and Mick are in there. Are you okay?" Lee asked and I looked at him.

"Is he awake?" I asked.

A small smile formed on his face, "yeah. He was talking last I heard, mumbling away so he was, asking where you were." Lee told me.

I couldn't help but smile, "can we go see him?" I forced myself to sit up and my hand went to my head and I realised there was bandage wrapped around it.

"Um I can ask the nurse but apparently you decided to hit your head off the hospital floor. You collapsed apparently when Jason woke up." Lee got up from his seat.

I watched as he walked out the room and retuerned a few minutes later with a nurse. The same nurse that called me before I collapsed. "Maisie, how are you feeling?"

"Can I see Jason please?" I ignored her question.

She walked to me and then looked at the IV fluid hanging beside the bed. "Yeah but you're gonna need to take this with you. You need to make sure you're eating and drinking enough, Maisie. You collapsed because you haven't been focusing on looking after yourself. Too busy trying to get Jason to wake up." She said sternly.

"I promise I will if I can go see him." I replied.

She fixed the IV up so I could take it with me and Lee helped me stand up. I held on to the pole and walked with Lee. I wasn't hurting but I still felt a little dizzy.

It wasn't much of a walk until we got to Jason's room, Lee held the door open for me and I walked in. Jason's face lit up when he saw me and I presume mine did too. Danielle walked to me and helped me to his bedside.

"Oh Mas, I missed you so-" I cut him off by kissing his lips. His hand lifted to my back, pulling me slightly closer.

I pulled away when I heard Diane clear her throat. I stood back up straight and held on to the pole again. "Sorry." I blushed. I just couldn't help myself.

Diane chuckled, "it's okay. We're just going to get a coffee, aren't we?" She urged everyone. I smiled gratefully as they made their way out the room.

"I missed you too." A tear rolled down my cheek. He raised his hand to my face and his thumb ran over a spot that stung a little.

"I heard you decided to take a little nap yourself. This cut looks sore." He said sympathetically. I wasn't even aware of the cut, my main priority is him.