Change.

Maisie's POV

I twirled my curly hair as I sat on my bed. I can't believe I was going back in to school today and I still hadn't seen Jason.

I'd left him over fifty messages on his phone since I got the text message simply just saying 'I'm safe.' I mean who even texts that? Where the hell is he!?

"Maisie, are you ready to go? We're gonna miss the bus?" I heard Lee call.

I stood up and looked down at my plain white skinny jeans and a nude coloured tank top. I was also wearing white converse.

I pulled my black bag over my shoulder and let out a deep breath before walking to my door and making my way down stairs.

I shoved my phone in my pocket as I approached the last stair. "Still nothing?" Lee asked, he knew I hadn't heard from Jason since his stupid text message.

I shook my head and pulled open the door. I stepped out and we made our way down the street towards the bus stop. I wondered if he would even show today, his car hasn't been at his house since he left. Maybe he's ran away?

I pushed the thought out my head. He has to be okay. He just has to be.

I walked to Holly as soon as I saw her up at the school. "Hey, how was being suspended? I wish I was bloody sus-" I cut her off.

"Has Jason came up?" I asked quickly.

She looked at me confused. "Um, about ten minutes ago. Are you okay? You look like you haven't slept in a month?" She said worriedly.

"I have to go see him." I said and I began walking towards where he would stand with Trip normally in the morning but the bell rang. Ugh.

Both me and Holly made our way in to maths and I sat down on my seat. This was gonna be a long class.

As expected, a double class of maths took what felt like a decade. As soon as the break bell rang, I jumped up from my seat and rushed to find him.

I had to make sure he safe. And make sure he isn't still mad at me.

When I turned the corner he was talking to Trip and showing him something on his phone.

I darted to him, "oh so the phone is working." I said nastily. He looked up from his phone and Trip raised his hands almost in defence and backed away.

"Maisie, are you okay? You look like you haven't had any sleep." He shoved his phone in his pocket and put his hand on my arm.

I pushed it off. "I wonder how that could be. Where have you been?" I demanded.

He opened his mouth to speak but then looked to the ground. "Danielle's. I needed some time out." He said, I could see the worry on his face.

"Couldn't you have told me that? Couldn't you have a least phoned me? I've been worried fucking sick." I yelled, causing a few people to glance over and then whisper to their friends.

"I text to say I was safe?" He murmured.

"Jason it's you, you never put a password on your phone. That could have been someone trying to hide your death by texting everyone saying you're safe. That could have been anyone. I thought you had been kidnapped!" I screamed.

He gave me an amused smile before leaning in to my ear, "calm down. Listen I'll walk you to history. Just chill, okay?" He reached out and took my hand.

He gently pulled me away from his group of friends and I followed him to my history class.

"Why didn't you just call me? I thought you were mad at me?" I said, a little more calm now.