The city of love? Maybe not.

I stared at the clock in my chemistry class. It was one minute till 3 o'clock and mine and Jason's flight left at eight.

I still hadn't told my parents, I wasn't looking forward to that part. I suppose I'm eighteen so it shouldn't be a problem.

The past few days, I've saw Jason a lot. Mostly because he was round for his tutor session with Lee or he was picking Lee up to go to the gym. However we hadn't really spent that much time together.

Everyone jumped up when the sound of the bell went off, including me and I swung my bag over my shoulder.

I rushed out the class and I heard my name, "Maisie, hey wait up." Trip said. I looked behind me as he jogged up.

"Oh hey." I smiled and continued to walk towards the exit.

"Hi, are you excited for your little getaway then?" He asked.

"Yeah, I can't wait." I said honestly and began walking down the stairs as he walked beside me.

We walked to Jason's car together and Jason was already in the front seat and Lee was in the back. I climbed in the front and smiled to Jason.

"Paris here we come." He grinned.

"I can't wait to just get on the plane. I still have some things to pack but." I switched the radio on.

"I can't believe you both are going to Paris. How weird is that?" Lee laughed and Trip did too.

"How is that weird?" Jason said amused as he drove away from the school.

"Because you haven't even came out that you both are together yet you are planning a dirty little getaway together." Trip butted in.

I felt my cheeks redden a little. I waited for Jason to speak. Nothing but a grin. "Like I said, you'll either come back pregnant or engaged. Paris is  something the couples do after a while in to their relationship." Lee added in.

"There is no relationship like that and it isn't a dirty getaway. It's a weekend away for my eighteenth birthday."I said sternly.

Lee and Trip exchanged a knowing look then spoke at the same time, "pregnant or engaged."

I turned the volume up on the radio and opened my window a little to let some of the more air in.

"I'll come get you at about half four. Remember your sunglasses and passport." Jason reminded me as we approached my house.

"I will, remember the boarding passes." I smiled as I climbed out the car and Lee walked up the path slowly.

He nodded and I followed Lee. "Just don't get pregnant. You'll become boring." Lee sighed as we walked in the door.

"Hey dad, is mum in?" I asked my dad quickly as he sat on the sofa reading over some work things.

He looked up, "no. Why?" He asked.

"So Jason is taking me to Paris for my birthday and we're flying out tonight." I smiled innocently.

Lee scoffed and walked up the stairs, "oh right. That's nice isn't it?" My dad said, I wasn't sure if he heard me right.

"Uh yeah." I murmured. Was there a catch? Was this where he would be like, oh that's nice but you aren't going type of moment?

"Okay then, well you're eighteen now. Just make sure you look after yourself. I guess it's a good thing your mum isn't here. She would be thinking it's something that it isn't, as usual." My dad laughed.

"Yeah probably. Okay well I'm gonna finish packing and I'll let you get back to your work stuff." I grinned and walked for the stairs.

My suitcase was lying open at the bottom of my bed pretty much overflowed with stuff. You wouldn't think we were only sleeping there for two nights.