6

"Why did we start off with Draught of Living Death? Honestly, it is one of the hardest ever to create so." Adrian sat down on my right, putting some roasted vegetables on his plate.

"Also he didn't say a word about this stupid club thing, how the hell we are supposed to know what to do?" Blaise agreed, pushing the piece of chicken in his mouth.

Lucy added, "Charms class was like an award after Advanced Potions."

"And what'd you do all afternoon?" She questioned me.

We were now having dinner. "Nothing much, prepared some notes for tomorrow's double Potions and Arithmancy. Also had some first years lost on the corridors, had to help them out."

"You had a calm day while we were getting brainfucked for hours." Theo was one to complain.

"I am taking total of five different subjects while you all are taking three." It was my own decision that I took last year with Professor Snape. To take: Advanced Potions, DADA, Arithmancy, Astronomy and Ancient Runes.

A fake cough left Draco's throat, "I am on five too."

"Yeah right." I said it concentrating back on my plate. He was also taking five to compete with me. Some of our classes were the same, and in some of them we were going to be alone (Astronomy and Ancient Runes).

"After dinner, it's you that is taking the first years back to the Common Room." Draco ordered me with authority in his voice. "Alone."

"You are resigning as a Prefect? Thank Merlin, I've been waiting." Didn't quite understand why would I be doing our job, all alone.

He rolled his grey eyes at me before speaking, "I was alone to do so this morning remember? You were late and all that. Now it's your turn."

"Whatever." I didn't mind doing it alone but I did mind being told what to do.

"The Draught of Living Death brings upon its drinker a very powerful sleep that can last indefinitely. This draught is very dangerous if not used with caution..." Blaise was bringing the focus back to the Potions. "Great, tomorrow we'll have to perform it."

"He even stated that only once before in his career was a student able to brew a mostly finished draught in just one class." Adrian got the approval of everyone by the table.

I continued keeping my mouth shut over the same boring topic. Everyone was panicking over nothing. We were just today given the introductions and ingredients. The real action was to take place tomorrow. Being done with my plate, I wasn't feeling like having dessert which was surprising cause I'd always have pumpkin pie. "See you all later." I informed my friends, heading to the end of the table where the first years were seated.

Most of them were done eating, "Follow me first years." And they did. I doubted if they would ever not obey in the first year.

"Good evening Mrs. Vonner." A very deep voice caught my attention and I met the pair of black eyes.

"Professor Snape." I said with excitement all over me. "Good evening sir."

He turned his back, taking few steps further, signalling me with his head to follow him. "Mrs. Vonner, have you been able to benefit from the notes?" He asked me almost whispering.